xbmc frodo 12.3 extremely laggy issue
Hi, before I had xbmcbuntu but seen as i got an AMD graphics card recently xbmc would not boot and there was no way around fixing it that would work. so I had to install ubuntu 12.04.3 and then install xbmc frodo 12.3 but xbmc is now very very laggy.

Is this a problem that can be fixed at all?

I just seem to be running in to problem after problem here. Sad

I have just looked at hardware in xbmc and my cpu usage is almost constantly at 100%

before when i was using xbmcbuntu it was stable arouns 20%
Fglrx driver issue. Have a look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854 It involves reinstalling your ubuntu. You can help us to get rid of this binary blob forever :-) So thanks in advance
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
aww that tutorial again! I was on that all day yesterday and couldnt get any of it to work or i was being stupid and not doing well at following it Sad

I also tried to install, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbuntu/ from that link, xbmcbuntu-12.2.Intel-AMD.iso but half way through i would get an error

errno 5 input/output error
so is this ubuntu-13.10-desktop-i386 a ubuntu saucy mini ok to use?
No ... http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/s...t/mini.iso
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
stuck at the part of the tut where i have to do this. doesnt say how i go about creating this file. it just says create it.

To use the following upstart procedure you need to create /etc/init/xbmc.conf to start xbmc via upstart. That scripts does only wait for your HDMI device, if you want to wait for networking, you have to add that.
Code:
# xbmc-upstart
# starts XBMC on startup by using xinit.
# by default runs as xbmc, to change edit below.
env USER=xbmc

description "XBMC-barebones-upstart-script"
author "Matt Filetto"

start on (filesystem and stopped udevtrigger)
stop on runlevel [016]

# tell upstart to respawn the process if abnormal exit
respawn
respawn limit 10 5
limit nice 21 21

script
exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone :0" $USER
# the following two are to get an idea, if you want to user a window manager
You could use vi or if you don't know vi very well you could use nano.

Code:
nano /etc/init/xbmc.conf
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Need sudo in front of that line as /etc is owned by root.
Code:
sudo nano /etc/init/xbmc.conf
sorted. now i am unsure about something

just after i have done the kernel parts there is this

Patches applied:
Check my linux fork on github
howto: conservative for this howto - mostly Anssis HDA patch
experimental: Some stuff cherry-picked by Christian

do i need to do anything there or can i disregard that?
That was information only :-)
yay i have it booting finally wooohooooo

now how do i go back to linux terminal as when i click exit in xbmc it goes to a terminal for like 2 seconds then boots xbmc straight away and i need to do something in advanced settings.xml

also, when i plug in a usb hdd it wont show it in file manager in xbmc....

What I woulld really like to do now is have an actually linux desktop to be able to log in to. how would i go about doing this?
Via ssh. Download putty.exe Enter the IP of your computer and log in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc frodo 12.3 extremely laggy issue0