• 1(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)

Hi,
This addon is inspired by AddonScriptorDE's great implimentation of Netflix browser playback. If you are familiar with my other browser version of Amazon Prime you will find that this functions about the same. However, it is much easier to install and easier for me to update/maintain.

Video playback is done via Chrome Launcher. Anything related to Chrome should be asked there...
Note: For convenience I have added Chrome Launcher to my repo as well and will keep it at the same version as is available in AddonScriptorDE's repo so there is no conflict.

Windows:
Remote support coming soon.

OSX:
If you have cliclick installed, the mouse gets hidden and the player focused so you can control everything via remote/keyboard.
Close the browser via CMD+Q or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

Linux:
If you have xdotool installed, the mouse gets hidden and the player focused so you can control everything via remote/keyboard.
Close the browser via ALT+F4 or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

General Amazon playback controls:
Seek: Left/Right
Volume +-: Up/Down
Pause/Play: Space

Future plans:
Get login access to watchlist and purchases working again. (for now I just removed the feature to avoid confusion)
Possibly add support for other browsers.

Install from my repo

Enjoy!
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Installed the one you posted before... worked great... Just added the repo, now its listed as broken (DEPSNOTMET).

Edit: Nevermind. I did a refresh and the "broken" disappeared..

Any chance of seeing an option to list "Prime Videos Only". This is listing has ALL movies, so if the movie isn't prime, a trailer plays.
I didn't notice that. Was it doing that with the old version? I may have removed the bit of code that was preventing the trailers from playing while I was removing unnecessary code. I will have a look at it tomorrow.

Keep me informed with any other problems you run in to.

Also if someone has a Mac and can confirm that the clickclick script works. It should but I don't have a Mac to test it on.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Thanks, can't wait to test it out.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-04, 05:59)Romans I XVI Wrote: I didn't notice that. Was it doing that with the old version? I may have removed the bit of code that was preventing the trailers from playing while I was removing unnecessary code. I will have a look at it tomorrow.

Keep me informed with any other problems you run in to.

Also if someone has a Mac and can confirm that the clickclick script works. It should but I don't have a Mac to test it on.

THis is with the new repo version. It lists all Amazon movies, not just prime ones.
(2014-01-04, 04:47)Romans I XVI Wrote: Image

Hi,
This addon is inspired by AddonScriptorDE's great implimentation of Netflix browser playback. If you are familiar with my other browser version of Amazon Prime you will find that this functions about the same. However, it is much easier to install and easier for me to update/maintain.

Video playback is done via Chrome Launcher. Anything related to Chrome should be asked there...
Note: For convenience I have added Chrome Launcher to my repo as well and will keep it at the same version as is available in AddonScriptorDE's repo so there is no conflict.

Windows:
Remote support coming soon.

OSX:
If you have cliclick installed, the mouse gets hidden and the player focused so you can control everything via remote/keyboard.
Close the browser via CMD+Q or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

Linux:
If you have xdotool installed, the mouse gets hidden and the player focused so you can control everything via remote/keyboard.
Close the browser via ALT+F4 or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

General Amazon playback controls:
Seek: Left/Right
Volume +-: Up/Down
Pause/Play: Space

Future plans:
Get login access to watchlist and purchases working again. (for now I just removed the feature to avoid confusion)
Possibly add support for other browsers.

Install from my repo

Enjoy!
Nicely copied from netflixbmc. Wink Not only the code - even the thread text... Big Grin
You could have mentioned that the amazon part was done by BlueCop and the browser stuff by AddonScriptorDE and you just merged these two parts to one addon.
Would be fair! But thanks anyway. And a BIG thanks to BlueCop and AddonScriptorDE.

(2014-01-04, 05:59)Romans I XVI Wrote: Also if someone has a Mac and can confirm that the clickclick script works. It should but I don't have a Mac to test it on.
As you just copied it from netflixbmc, it should work.

Edit: Why a further thread? There are too many!
Also noticed that you announced it in several other threads.
Way to be a douche in your first post... Well done.
(2014-01-04, 07:00)locoguano Wrote: Way to be a douche in your first post... Well done.
I think it's just fair to mention it.
If I were BlueCop, I would be happy to read at least a simple 'thanks' or something like that.
Now it sounds like Romans I XVI has written the addon...
Thanks for putting this together Romans I XVI Smile

Yawn xbmcfreaky
Repository link is currently broken. I'll try again in the morning.

@xbmcfreaky: bluecop has author credit. Ease up.
@xbmcfreaky

It think using other people's code and building on it is the whole point of group effort open source projects. I could care less about credit. I just want people to have a working add-on.

Also I think I do a decent job of mentioning that this uses addonscriptorde's chrome launcher, is inspired by his Netflix add on, and still has bluecops name on it as the original author.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
(2014-01-04, 12:33)Romans I XVI Wrote: @xbmcfreaky

It think using other people's code and building on it is the whole point of group effort open source projects. I could care less about credit.
Or you could care more. Be fair! You should let the user know what you did and what was done by others.
You just took bluecops amazon addon and copied the chrome/cliclick/xdotool code and thread text from the netflixbmc addon.
Some people have already added to your reputation because they thought it was your work, although it was done by others.
Not working - getting this when accessing featured movies:
Code:
-->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: unable to open database file
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 53, in <module>
    modes ( )
  File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 50, in modes
    exec 'import resources.lib.%s as sitemodule' % common.args.mode
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\appfeed.py", line 14, in <module>
    import listtv
  File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\listtv.py", line 10, in <module>
    import xbmclibrary
  File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 12, in <module>
    import movies as moviesDB
  File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\movies.py", line 264, in <module>
    MovieDB = sqlite.connect(MovieDBfile)
OperationalError: unable to open database file
-->End of Python script error report<--
Using Win8 & XBMC 12.3!
Will this work on an android machine ?
(2014-01-04, 15:40)ktjensen Wrote: Will this work on an android machine ?

No. It requires the ability to play back amazon video through a browser. Which is not supported on android

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5