Win Library questions with Frodo 12.2
All,

On the XBMC wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_library) I found the following:
Note: Exporting to a single file is discouraged in Frodo and higher, as there is a big issue with artwork. It changes the artwork location URL to the folder location of the export, which causes problems when you want to redownload the information.

I have 2 questions about this.

If exporting to a single file is discouraged in Frodo and higher, why then is "Single file" the default option when I choose "Export video library" in Frodo 12.2?

When choosing "to separate files", the watched state, thumbnails and actors info is stored on the source folders of the video files.
Why doesn't XBMC Frodo then save the watched state, thumbnails and actors info etc straight to the source folders of the video files as soon as it's available (finished watching something or at scan for new content)?
That would save a lot of library loss when the XBMC machine gets damaged (when the video is on a USB storage or NAS etc).
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Going to that wiki page you refer to and I get "There is currently no text in this page." , not really sure that is true, I just exported my library to a single file and I see most of the links are still looking outward. ( <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images) but having single file as default makes sense, as separate files, copies meta-data to each and every folder and if that's not what you want.... it could be a messy clean-up.

Some users prefer to rely on XBMC internal library and graphics; for space considerations and don't want a lot of meta-data and files mixed in with their movies to pollute the file lists, after all XBMC doesn't really use the material in the individual folder except on a scrape.
Thanks for your response, you have a good point, maybe it could be an option then.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
I've found the best way to export the watched status as well as all content within your library is to use the Trakt addon. It doesn't take too long to sync (depending on the size of your collection, mine took about 30 minutes - see NAS size in signature) but keeps a good record of all content.

I've even exported using Trakt, formatted, change drives and moved content, set up a new network and then imported - it got 1 title wrong out of many thousands and took about 2 hours to re-sync the whole library. It doesn't back up artwork but that shouldn't take too long to re-download.

If you found this post helpful, or not, please click on the +/-
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library questions with Frodo 12.20