Looking for best for me
I have been doing a lot of research about this, and can not seem to find exactly what I want. I am in the process of building my own home theater system, which includes a 7.1 surround sound system. I am using the Sony STRDH520 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver to my Optima HD20 projector. I am looking for a media box that will play and stream my downloaded movies from my external or though my server. I don't really care too much about user interface, or using it for Netflix or Hulu, I just want to use it for playing movies from my external or network, in 1080p with 7.1 audio. I am almost considering to get a roku 3 since it offers those features, but would like to get something with XMBC or android based. I really like the idea of the G-Box Midnight MX2 but apparently the audio is lacking, and the XMBC on it is not supported. I was thinking of playing with the Raspberry Pi with either OpenElec or Raspmc, but that does not appear to support USB 3.0, in which I would need to use to have my external plugged in with the mouse and keyboard. ( my 4 port usb is 3.0). I am most likely going to steam with my Xbox 360 until I find the perfect solution, but that also does not support 7.1 audio. I am slightly on a budget, so throwing down several hundred to build an HTPC is not really an option. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure you have Android devices with audio passthrough... you need to check on that.
This "KDLINKS HD700" media streamer should work for you, and it is within your budget. It fits your description. You can enjoy XBMC when you have HTPC in the future......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Any one have any suggestions for a Android Box that supports 7.1 audio and 1080p?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for best for me0