Req Simple additions to context menus
In picture browser, when clicking on the context menu, i get a list "picture information,... add to favourites,...".

I would like to be able to add an entry to this context menu, via script, plugin whatever. That script/plugin should get the currently selected picture as an argument.

Note: I am repeating this question since about 4 years, XBMC 10.0, and it is quite frustrating that seemingly nothing gets done to allow for this. I am not on XBMC 13, and would have hoped this would now be easy to do, but i can't figure out any new way to do this.

Use-case: trying to move away from a 10 year old software called VDR that allowed for this. In the new menu item for pictures, one would do things like print the picture in various sizes.

Thanks!
Unless I've misunderstood, PR1654 will allow this once merged, however it seems to have stalled again for the moment and certainly won't be part of Gotham.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144770 for forum discussion.
Yeah. Indefinite postponement - "come back next year" (proudly presented since 2010). Thread was asking for committment into 12.0. The most easy bits of extensibility never get done. Sorry, this is really annoying. Meanwhile, millions of man hours get invested into eye-candy in skinning. If this doesn't get into 13.0 then it's another year. Great!

*sigh*
We are not great - you pointed that out. But since nobody is doing this for a day job - we don't need to be great.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-14, 17:11)te36 Wrote: Yeah. Indefinite postponement - "come back next year" (proudly presented since 2010). Thread was asking for committment into 12.0. The most easy bits of extensibility never get done. Sorry, this is really annoying. Meanwhile, millions of man hours get invested into eye-candy in skinning. If this doesn't get into 13.0 then it's another year. Great!

*sigh*

The problem here is that the required code cleanup seems to have been done not long before feature freeze for Gotham came into effect, so most likely no one had enough time to review and push it before feature freeze.

Assuming Fice is still interested in getting this added I see no reason why it won't come in XBMC 14.
Is there any current diff somebody could try on 13 ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple additions to context menus0