How to switch between views and windows using the json api ?
Hey ! Noob here with first question.

So I'm building a remote and have got all the usual functions in place (back, next, play pause, the whole nine yards)

I want to add a button that toggles the view on the screen. i.e from grid to list to detail (in albums, artists, genres, videos and wherever possible)

I also want to "switch" between albums,artists,genres in the audio screen and "videos,genres" in the video screen.

Is this possible ? And can anyone direct me to the appropriate json api ?

Thanks !
Changing the view or sorting in an XBMC view isn't possible through JSON-RPC right now.

Switching between screens is possible with GUI.ActivateWindow and the proper parameters. There are already some examples for this in this (JSON-RPC) sub-forum. You can also always turn on debug logging, then open XBMC and browse to a specific view. Then open the xbmc.log file and look for "GetDirectory" and it should show you the path that opens the specific view.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks Montellese !

I was able to switch windows using GUI.ActivateWindow. But while I was trying to get the current window (GUI.GetProperties) I could only get the window (audio / videos) but not further details (video -> movies, videos->series, etc). Is there a way to get those details ?

Also, if I cannot change the view using JSON RPC, how can I do it ?
(2014-01-20, 10:41)dardie Wrote: Thanks Montellese !

I was able to switch windows using GUI.ActivateWindow. But while I was trying to get the current window (GUI.GetProperties) I could only get the window (audio / videos) but not further details (video -> movies, videos->series, etc). Is there a way to get those details ?
Not that I know of.

(2014-01-20, 10:41)dardie Wrote: Also, if I cannot change the view using JSON RPC, how can I do it ?
You can't from outside of xbmc with a command.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to switch between views and windows using the json api ?0