Bug 12.3 is horrid, going back to 12.2
Thumbs Down 
This update is the worst yet. I had literally 0 problems with 12.2 and along comes 12.3 and everything quits working properly.

1.) Auto-Start = There's a 50% chance your resolution will be garbled and you'll have to restart. Never had this problem one time until 12.3 came along.
2.) Audio Formats = What in the hell happened here? My Zotac Mag supported every format under the Sun without having to do one thing. AAC, AC3, MP3, Wave, DD 5.1, DTS, whatever, it worked. Now? Good luck. It constantly glitches out on AAC audio forcing me to dick around with the TV's PCM and Auto settings (never had to do that before!) and when I finally do figure out whatever weird combo works, I have to switch back to the original audio combo in the Settings menu to get DD5.1 and DTS working again. Super convenient.
3.) Stuttering issues when stopping and starting. Never had this issue before. Now when I pause and play it skips a few frames. Sweet.

I'm not sure what possesses developers to constantly crank out a new version all the time when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous one. Android loves to shove app updates down your throat even though there wasn't anything wrong with the earlier version. 9 times out of 10 the update is broken. From glancing briefly at this forum I've noticed there's a load of people complaining about audio issues now. Props to the XBMC Windows team for nearly ruining what was once a perfect piece of software.

Going back to 12.2 ASAP.
Glad that we are not apple and you are free to downgrade.

You are welcome - we also had a hard time to stick all this bugs in 12.3 - but we think we did a good job. Please spread the news so everybody knows - we are already full when it comes to total user count so it is a good thing if we drive some away from XBMC once in a while.

PS: This is my personal opinion and no official team statement.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-24, 14:02)Memphiz Wrote: PS: This is my personal opinion and no official team statement.

let me join this statement
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You should totally ban people from the forum for being honest and speaking the truth, regardless of how much it hurts. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Went back to 12.2 and all problems are fixed.
(2014-01-24, 15:35)jrio69 Wrote: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Exactly right. If your using 12.2 and you don't have any of the bugs that 12.3 was intended to fix why would you install it?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yes. Why would you update to 12.3 if 12.2 was working "perfectly" for you? And 12.3 works fine for most people, so saying that the developers nearly ruined the software just because you are having issues is an ignorant statement. By that logic any software update for any program in history must be an attempt to ruin the software, since there is always someone who will have issues with a software update.....

Maybe if you at least made an attempt to post some constructive criticism then people would take you seriously.
With the way you're b*tching, anyone would think you are paying a monthly subscription to run XBMC
Clearly, all you had to do was downgrade to 12.2 if you are not happy with 12.3
Well I think you've got other issues at play here since I'm not aware of any audio changes that would produce what you describe in your Point 2.
A few points for you:

1) I'm not sure if you're asking for help or not, but your post is NOT the way to do that.
2a) Have you ever thought that your Zotac glitching out, and you having to mess around with your TV's settings have nothing to do with XBMC? Maybe you're messing around with your TV too much... Exactly what PCM settings are there to "fiddle" with on a TV anyways?
2b) I guess you've not updated any drivers on your wonderful Zotac?
3) I run nightly builds. Always. In case you want to know, all that's been happening for the last at least 3 months is bug fixes. So feel free to stay on the older, buggier version.

If none of this works for you, you should really try going to Plex or another alternate.

Why in the world would you go and say:
Quote:I'm not sure what possesses developers to constantly crank out a new version all the time when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous one

When YOU are the one who upgraded to a new version when there was "absolutely nothing wrong with the previous one"? Did they hold a gun to your head? Did they keep you from downgrading? Regardless of everything else, this statement I think is what negates your entire post for me.
Number 2 suggests something really odd is going on, agreed. If the user wishes to diagnose it, it might be useful to explore, as it may be affecting others as well.

If not, all good - enjoy using 12.2, just like many people enjoy using 11.0, 12.0, 12.1, 12.3, 13 alphas and all the other weird and wonderful versions folk have installed (there's quite a few still on some of the 12 betas or release candidates...)

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Note to other team members: this guy just wasted my time by reporting a post of Ned reacting to a rant of his as 'trolling'
I gave him 20% warn for a month for that and pointed him at the Forum Rules - if he doesn't behave like a grown-up feel free to ban.
(2014-01-25, 03:10)Kib Wrote: Note to other team members: this guy just wasted my time by reporting a post of Ned reacting to a rant of his as 'trolling'
I gave him 20% warn for a month for that and pointed him at the Forum Rules - if he doesn't behave like a grown-up feel free to ban.

To be fair, @ned Scott can be a big fizzy douche sometimes :-)
(2014-01-25, 03:18)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 03:10)Kib Wrote: Note to other team members: this guy just wasted my time by reporting a post of Ned reacting to a rant of his as 'trolling'

And now a report for you...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Dude perhaps xbmc its not for you, it clearly looks that you are not capable of using it perhaps windows media player is for you and stop b...ing here

you complain about android too dude go and buy a atv3 and iphone and keep it stock, and every 6 months buy a new one to keep it update and stop bothering open source software ,
Your comment really make me angry, go and "you know what" yourself
(2014-01-25, 06:02)warlion Wrote: Dude perhaps xbmc its not for you, it clearly looks that you are not capable of using it perhaps windows media player is for you and stop b...ing here

you complain about android too dude go and buy a atv3 and iphone and keep it stock, and every 6 months buy a new one to keep it update and stop bothering open source software ,
Your comment really make me angry, go and "you know what" yourself

WOW!!!
I mean...WOW!!!
...and all this because someone disagree with youHuh Yikes!
I sincerely hope this does not become a "preaching to the converted" kind of forum, where we ostracize people for daring to have a different opinion (however uninformed it may be)...I mean, WOW!!!

(2014-01-25, 05:41)nickr Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 03:18)jacintech.fire Wrote:

And now a report for you...
*gently pads @nickr on the shoulders*
there, there little buddy. It will be ok.
*hands @nickr a warm blanket and a cup of cocoa*
what do you say we go find your mummy now?...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 is horrid, going back to 12.22