• 5(current)
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code
I just wanted to mention that I am unable to get audio working with Gotham beta 2, however with the file you linked Memphiz, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg audio was working fine for me.

Anytime I try to play a file on beta 2 the video becomes suuuuuper slow and choppy, with no audio playing. When I change the volume of the mac via the remote it also is slow for some reason. I'm on 10.9.2 and using USB audio.
jitaroo post a debug log (wiki) with beta 2 and also with the testbuild where it works for you.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-17, 11:19)Memphiz Wrote: Set your number of output channels to 2.0 and enable ac3 transcoding (its where the passthrough settings are). If this is really a 5.1 file then it should appear as DD5.1 in your amp. If not it will stay 2.0.

Sorry, I have checked my settings and they were set as you have described. I tried two different AAC encoded movie files (were working under Frodo) which are being reported by xbmc as 5.1 channel files and still only get stereo playback. I submitted my log file - I'll report back the link when I get the email.

EDIT: Never got my email for the log - so I just pasted in http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=151647
(2014-03-15, 17:42)martinrichartz Wrote: Exactly the same situation.

With a stop watch I measured a playback speed-up of very close to 8x (opposed to my earlier 4x estimate).

Enclosed the complete (huge) log file for a less than 60 second xbmc session.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149701

Can you try this testbuild please?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I tried the above test build to see if it fixes my issue by chance, but all I get is a lot of static noise through the amp;
@Vatoe this build was not for you.
(2014-03-17, 22:17)Vatoe Wrote: EDIT: Never got my email for the log - so I just pasted in http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=151647

That log is cut and misses the most important bits. Please post a new complete log.
Quote:That log is cut and misses the most important bits. Please post a new complete log.

Sorry not sure what happened there, it was supposed to be a straight copy/paste Confused. Anyway, here's another. I started two different AAC 5.1 surround sound movies, both gave me stereo only output.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=152613
Please post a screenshot of your audio settings page in xbmc
Ok here they are:

enable dolby digital transcoding...

and may i quote myself from some days ago?

(2014-03-17, 11:19)Memphiz Wrote: Set your number of output channels to 2.0 and enable ac3 transcoding (its where the passthrough settings are).
(2014-03-19, 22:42)Memphiz Wrote: enable dolby digital transcoding...

and may i quote myself from some days ago?

(2014-03-17, 11:19)Memphiz Wrote: Set your number of output channels to 2.0 and enable ac3 transcoding (its where the passthrough settings are).
Yes tried that when you mentioned it but I forgot to mention that the sound gets really screwed up using that configuration. All the centre channel sound somehow gets split and comes out of my left rear and right speakers instead? I also read that description on the bottom of that setting indicating use for optical connections so with the issue I described I reverted to the settings above.
It seems I have to take back what I said re AAC 5.1 files Tongue These files actually do work with transcoding on. Further testing reveals that with transcoding selected to on, video files that have mp3 stereo tracks give the impression that the main speakers are the rears (hence the dialogue coming from these) which is what I got confused with in my various testings. It seems I can't rely on my memory any more.

So I just have to remember to turn transcoding off for these file types which thankfully are getting rarer. Sorry for the confusion.
(2014-03-20, 08:12)Vatoe Wrote: video files that have mp3 stereo tracks give the impression that the main speakers are the rears (hence the dialogue coming from these) which is what I got confused with in my various testings. It seems I can't rely on my memory any more.

So I just have to remember to turn transcoding off for these file types which thankfully are getting rarer. Sorry for the confusion.
You likely have that happening because you have stereo upmix on, turn that off and you should get stereo from your videos with mp3 stereo tracks.
what he said ... you upmixed stereo to 5.1 ac3 ...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code1