• 6(current)
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code
Ok thanks. I don't ever remember turning that setting on, but anything is possible. I'm sure that's the issue. I'll shut up now :-) Good work on the audio by the way, a real positive step forward.
Playback speedup problem with external Firewire device (RME FF 800) persists in Beta 2.
@martinrichartz - and ignoring my posts won't fix your problem either...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1655625
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry, didn't realize that another test build was ready:

This one produces a horrible 'square wave' sound (somewhere between 300 Hz and 1 kHz) when xbmc actually should be silent. Playback speed is unchanged (if not even faster).

Cheers,
Martin.

(2014-03-18, 00:13)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 17:42)martinrichartz Wrote: Exactly the same situation.

With a stop watch I measured a playback speed-up of very close to 8x (opposed to my earlier 4x estimate).

Enclosed the complete (huge) log file for a less than 60 second xbmc session.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149701

Can you try this testbuild please?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
Ok that was a wild guess then. Are you sure you tried to set the output to "fixed" and 48000hz for example? (using beta2 - not my broken testbuild of coruse).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphiz,

playing with the sampling rate doesn't really change anything (I had fixed 96000 Hz all the time).

However, playing with the channel configuration does change something: when running with anything else than 2.0 (which is my actual setup), the playback slows down by a factor of 2 (rough estimate, still 4x too fast). But it appears all the same in 2.1, 3.x, 5.x, and 7.1. All with beta2.

Does this give a hint?

Cheers,
Martin.

PS (edit): Further hint: With 2.0 configuration I see output on channels 1-8, and 11-20 (that is 18 channels in total).
In 2.1 and up I see output on channels 1,2 and 9-14 (8 channels in total). Looks like the channels are 'eating away' the samples somehow.

(2014-03-24, 11:28)Memphiz Wrote: Ok that was a wild guess then. Are you sure you tried to set the output to "fixed" and 48000hz for example? (using beta2 - not my broken testbuild of coruse).
That sounds like another broken core audio driver - though i wouldn't expect this on a fireface tbh. But IIRC those are studio cards which normally ares used for audio production use cases right?.

What are your settings in osx-midi-setup (number of channels and mapping). @jmarshallnz - no crystal balling idea from me here Wink
The FF800 is indeed an audio production device with really decent DA converters. However, I'm using it with a whole bunch of software, including VLC, Audirvana, Garageband, EyeTV, you name it. Never had such a problem – same OS, same drivers. And up to January alpha, XBMC did too. (Well there was a time roughly a year ago when XBMC did only playback on one channel, but that was eventually fixed in some 13 alpha.)

Audio/MIDI setup: I've selected Analog channels 1-8 (you can't choose less, it's 1st of 5 streams). But then, stereo channels are mapped to channels 1 and 2, in both "Stereo" and in "Multichannel" setup.

New problem: I got January alpha to freeze when using "Output configuration: Best Match" and starting to play a 192 kHz tune. Moreover, when playing back a 96 kHz tune (which it did), XBMC didn't really switch the device's sampling rate.
Are you using the latest drivers 3.21 ?
Latest RME drivers are 3.22, which is what I'm using.
Can you post a screenshot of your "fireface settings"?
Please try this testbuild and report back:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
Just fyi you can subscribe to a thread and get emails whenever a new test build is ready for you Wink. Anyone else with a fireface around? ^^
Hello Memphiz,

sorry for the late reply, my daytime job kept me away for a while.

YES, the 24 March version is DEFINITELY an improvement.
It plays on 2 channels only and without any speed alteration (tried with tunes of varying sampling rates).

HOWEVER, it uses Fireface channels 9 and 10, which is the Phones output (and only these channels) – not channels 1 and 2 as it should. I can mix these channels to output 1 and 2 with the mixer UI, but I hope it doesn't stay like that – it would mean switching setup between different audio applications.

You were also asking for a screenshot of the FF settings: here it is:

Cheers, M.
debug log (wiki) with that version please ... i wonder how we even can access channels 9 and 10 if you only enabled 1-8 in osx midi setup ...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code1