I am in Spain and would like to use iplayer....any ideas?
Hi,

I have just bought this box;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CA...UTF8&psc=1
XstreamTec Linux XBMC Midnight M3 - IPTV Mini Web Streaming HTPC Media Player

I have hooked it up using the hdmi cable.....I've managed to get my wifi working ok on it...and I've just watched a program on BBC1 via filmon.....so it all looks ok....

I would love to use iplayer and ITV player.....but I think there is an issue with me being in Spain...

I've heard something about ways of making it look like I am in the UK...any ideas? do I have to reprogram something with the box?

Many thanks
Emma
You need a VPN that allows you to "tunnel" across the Internet from Spain to the UK, and then pop out onto the wires in Blighty with a UK IP address. iPlayer et al will then happily talk to you as they'll be unaware of where you really are.

Lots of options, some free, most paid-for (especially the ones which give sufficient bandwidth to stream video). Some may be configurable from your box, depending on the OS and how comfortable you are with tinkering... some can be set up from your router if you have one. You'll need to do some exploration based on what you've got.
Hi, thank you for your reply....so I am going to get something like 'Hide My Ass' where I can choose to have a UK IP address.....

If I download this service onto my computer how do I get it working on the box?

Or should I try and download it straight to the box somehow?

many thanks
Hide My Ass is one of them, yes, and seems to have a decent reputation. How you configure it... that's an OS question, it depends on what your box is running. Not sure it's a question for these forums, but someone else may be able to help.
Have a look at Hola - the free version seems to give you four hours per day, which may be enough to satisfy your iPlayer needs!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I am in Spain and would like to use iplayer....any ideas?0