Changing main menu layout?
Question 
I am using Raspbmc with XBMC 12.2 (December 2013) since a few weeks.

I think that the main menu is not very well designed with a long line of menu items stretching from the left to the right screen border and outside.
So to reach the different items one has to scroll the whole line in and out of view....

Is it possible to rearrange the main screen such that the menu items are listed vertically on one side (for example left) with options expanding to the right?
Maybe a configuration setting somewhere?

I have looked in vain in the system/settings hierarchy (also below the skin settings), but I find nowhere a setting to change to a vertical menu ribbon.
What am I doing wrong?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Have you ever tested the Skin Amber? It goes well on Raspbmc and you can make the menu items vertically
Try the Amber skin, you can change more settings for the menu.
Thanks for the tip!
I have never ever tried changing skin...
Now I tried to do this and suddenly when I was configuring Amber using the Android remote control the cursor started to speed along on the screen in a way I could not control! And it was doing this at high speed as well.
Why does this happen? Is there something the matter with the remote control Android App?

It stopped after a few minutes but it really is scary....
And it has happened before..

Anyway, I managed to activate a vertical menu to the left side, but this menu still scrolls (now up/down) with the cursor key on the remote instead of moving the highlight up/down on a stationary menu.
Is this a setting for Amber?

But I like it better than the Confluence standard home page in any case.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-02-18, 22:52)Bosse_B Wrote: Anyway, I managed to activate a vertical menu to the left side, but this menu still scrolls (now up/down) with the cursor key on the remote instead of moving the highlight up/down on a stationary menu.
Is this a setting for Amber?

But I like it better than the Confluence standard home page in any case.

I have the same issue. I'm running Amber with the vertical home menu on a ChromeBox. I'm trying to navigate with a mouse, but it's nearly impossible to select anything because the menu item that I want to select keeps scrolling away from the mouse pointer.

How do you turn off scrolling so that the menu is stationary?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing main menu layout?0