Win Audio output getting quieter
I'm using 12.3 on a Windows 8 system. I've only noticed this during TV show playback. Anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes in to an episode, the volume will suddenly decrease. No amount of tweaking volume controls helps it. The only things that do are pressing "stop" and then resuming the episode, or exiting XBMC.

Um, can this not be a thing? Help?
Is this one of those things you need a log for?
I can't think of a single reason why XBMC would do that, none whatsoever. The only things I can think of which might cause that are TV settings, AVR settings or hardware issues. There's just no reason why playback of a file would lower volume without you asking it to - unless it's an issue with the file or a setting somewhere I've never seen which I can't imagine would be in there as it would be a pointless feature.

My advice would be to upgrade to a Gotham nightly - they're, in my opinion, stable for everyday use. I've been using them on all my HTPCs for the last few months.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Volume doesn't magically decrease, something must initiate it, either a stuck keyboard, remote key, or something on a joystick.

A debug log_file (wiki) should should the culprit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio output getting quieter0