• 10(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
(2014-03-10, 13:47)jjd-uk Wrote: Doesn't export library to separate files save watched status to the nfo file, not entirely sure as I've never used it.

It does. Took me a long time before I realized it but it has saved my butt many a time. Just be sure to say yes to the option "overwrite existing files" if it's been awhile since you did your last export or any shows that were unwatched when previously exported will not have the watched tag updated.
(2014-03-05, 00:08)LEDFan Wrote: Platform: Windows 7/64bits 16GB RAM Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00Ghz

Problem: Music Library using the scraping option with Local information only.
I have all my NFO files for all my artists and all albums. (artist.nfo and album.nfo)

Directory structure for music:

Music
..Artist 1
.....Album 1
.....Album 2
..Artist 2
.....Album 1
etc.

The problem occurs for:
Artists: Scan and refresh
Albums: Refresh

When I add the music source, I made it scanned to the library. All my artists didin't get any info. All albums got their info.
When using refresh, it didn't work for both artists and albums.

Example: On refresh: I go on one artist, I press "i" and I get a dialog box asking for the artist name! Even if I press enter on the artist name in the dialog info, the dialog box keeps coming back so I have to press "Esc" then I get an error message saying it failed to download information. It does that on any artist. It looks like it does not read my artist.nfo file present in that directory at all. Same thing happen when trying to refresh any album.

I'm not the only one having this problem, you can see the thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=186965

A ticket bug was also created before Beta 1 was out here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14964

It does that on any skin used. I tried dozen of times and still get the same results.

XBMC Log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143117

Steps example for trying to refresh an artist:

Same thing here. anyone got a solution?
(2014-03-10, 13:51)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 10:33)Fellhuhn Wrote: c) All my movies were there but I couldn't play those that were located on a NAS. He always said that they aren't available (but they were accessible through the Windows Explorer). Haven't changed anything in the network setup except updaing to Gotham so I guess the error lies there somewhere. Was able to play local files though. Is there anything specific to check in such a case? As this is a major "feature" I doubt that it hadn't been tested yet so I guest I did something wrong. Any hints?
Is this while in one of the Library nodes? if so have you tried going to Files then navigating your source folders to the location of the video files and trying to play them back in this Files view.
Just tried that. Doesn't work. SQL database looks fine also. Can't even readd it as source. It just fails to recognize the network though it is there and accessible.

Code:
15:26:39 T:2152   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting \\mediaserver2\multimedia\videos\
15:26:39 T:2152   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(\\mediaserver2\multimedia\videos\) failed

EDIT: Okay, found the problem. Gotham can't work with the \\server\path format anymore (Frodo was able to do that). Had to change it via an SQL editor to the smb-Syntax and it worked. Commands used:
Code:
update path set strpath = replace(strpath, '\\', 'smb://');
update path set strpath = replace(strpath, '\', '/');
(2014-03-10, 15:07)woodside Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 00:08)LEDFan Wrote: Platform: Windows 7/64bits 16GB RAM Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00Ghz

Problem: Music Library using the scraping option with Local information only.
I have all my NFO files for all my artists and all albums. (artist.nfo and album.nfo)

Directory structure for music:

Music
..Artist 1
.....Album 1
.....Album 2
..Artist 2
.....Album 1
etc.

The problem occurs for:
Artists: Scan and refresh
Albums: Refresh

When I add the music source, I made it scanned to the library. All my artists didin't get any info. All albums got their info.
When using refresh, it didn't work for both artists and albums.

Example: On refresh: I go on one artist, I press "i" and I get a dialog box asking for the artist name! Even if I press enter on the artist name in the dialog info, the dialog box keeps coming back so I have to press "Esc" then I get an error message saying it failed to download information. It does that on any artist. It looks like it does not read my artist.nfo file present in that directory at all. Same thing happen when trying to refresh any album.

I'm not the only one having this problem, you can see the thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=186965

A ticket bug was also created before Beta 1 was out here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14964

It does that on any skin used. I tried dozen of times and still get the same results.

XBMC Log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143117

Steps example for trying to refresh an artist:

Same thing here. anyone got a solution?

It works now. It has been corrected with the latest nightly build of March 9. See bug ticket here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14964
Just tested this out on my old laptop.

My hat goes off to Team XBMC yet again! Overall felt snappier, the menus are more intuitive... Video-addons seemed to load streams faster (NRK Nett TV, IGN) Seems to me there is a huge performance leap (though it may be a placebo effect) from Frodo to Gotham. Congratulations!
(2014-03-10, 22:13)nooryani84 Wrote: Just tested this out on my old laptop.

My hat goes off to Team XBMC yet again! Overall felt snappier, the menus are more intuitive... Video-addons seemed to load streams faster (NRK Nett TV, IGN) Seems to me there is a huge performance leap (though it may be a placebo effect) from Frodo to Gotham. Congratulations!

Agreed totally. I'm not sure if the performance is a placebo effect either. I highly recommend for those that haven't to donate something to the devs. This amazing software is free and they could probably easily charge for it. Heck, I'd plop down $50 for each version.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-11, 00:23)patseguin Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 22:13)nooryani84 Wrote: Just tested this out on my old laptop.

Agreed totally. I'm not sure if the performance is a placebo effect either. I highly recommend for those that haven't to donate something to the devs. This amazing software is free and they could probably easily charge for it. Heck, I'd plop down $50 for each version.

Yes, although the fact that it's free is a key thing here. It's made with passion and interest as motivation - not profit! Libre HTPC!
(2014-03-11, 00:23)patseguin Wrote: I highly recommend for those that haven't to donate something to the devs. This amazing software is free and they could probably easily charge for it. Heck, I'd plop down $50 for each version.
shush

Truth be told if everyone utilizing XBMC sent in $10, it would give the devs one heck of a lift at their next get to-gether and buy them planes tickets and hotels that have beer. Buy a T-Shirt http://teespring.com/xbmcbeta1shirt and never regret your support.
If i buy a t-shirt do i get the "donor" status?
(2014-03-11, 04:35)sfleck Wrote: If i buy a t-shirt do i get the "donor" status?
And I guess you want a cheque for every XBMC download too? http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Get some new kool digs for the summer, a fresh T shows your support and gives you THAT look.
Ah, no. I don't.
And I had already donated. Figured the shirt was less than the shipping costs.

PayPal logo Mar 10, 2014 21:43:28 GMT-04:00
Transaction ID: 7CG5014037405913T
Hello Stephan Fleck,

You sent a payment of $10.00 CAD to XBMC Foundation

(donate@xbmc.org)

Still curious and looking for answer about the t-shirt question from someone polite enough to answer. For myself and others.
We get $10 per shirt, so if you buy 5 shirts, maybe.
Thanks Ned. The team has done an awesome job, and I do find everything snappier and the sound quality much better. I have had no negatives yet with Gotham beta. Installed OE, also on Linux and windows.
make a shirt with zappy and Ill consider adding it to my xbmc paraphernalia, large mug (ya got two) the apron and the button
(2014-03-06, 02:10)scott967 Wrote: Gotham B1 does not remember PVR addon client enable state on first enabling.

Platform: Win 7 x64
Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143731
(this is the run of XBMC AFTER enabling PVR addon, quitting XBMC, and restarting it)

Steps to repeat:
1. Clean install of XBMC 13 B1
2. Start XBMC navigate to System/Settings/Live TV/General
3. Enable Live TV (radio button "blue")
4. XBMC generates popup message No PVR Addon Enabled click OK
5. XBMC presents list of disabled PVR addon clients . Select WMC
6. Addon windows opens with options to Configure and Enable WMC addon
7. Select "Enable"
8. PVRManager starts up and populates channel groups, EPG, etc. Live TV available on Main Menu
9. Exit XBMC
10. Start XBMC Immediately a popup "No PVR Addon Enabled" is displayed. Click OK
11. Repeat steps 5-7
12. PVRManager again starts up.
13. Exit XBMC
14. Start XBMC. Now the WMC PVR client is enabled and Live TV works as expected

Again, this only is an issue when first enabling WMC PVR addon. After enabling a second time
there isn't a problem.

Update:

Clean install of nightly 21040311

Inspected Addons16.db after first running XBMC 13 (no settings changes except disabling joystick input).

In table "disabled" ID 4 is shown as pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86

Start XBMC, enable Live TV, enable pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86
In GUI, pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86 listed as "enabled" under PVR and Live TV is working.
Inspected Addons16.db, and in table "disabled" ID 4 is removed, but a new ID 14 (next sequential Id number) is in the database as pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86.

Exiting and restarting XBMC confirms that pvr wingl-windx-x86 is listed as "disabled" under PVR. Enable pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86. In GUI pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86 listed as "enabled" under PVR and Live TV is working.
Inspected Addons.16.db, and in table "disabled" ID 14 is now removed and pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86 is no longer listed in the table.

restarting XBMC and Live TV is working.

conclusion: XBMC is not properly removing pvr.wmc-wingl windx-x86 from disabled table on first enabling. Instead it is being re-added to the disabled table. As an aside, I don't see the reason why all the pvr addons are installed, but disabled on installation of XBMC. Why aren't they just installed from repo by user like any other addon? I did try a reinstall and in the windows installer I unselected the "install pvr addoons" option. That left XBMC Live TV unusable. There is no ability to install any pvr addon from repo, and if I attempt to enable Live TV XBMC locks up (rotating ring "busy" icon in windows) and is terminated by via Windows (app not responding popup) due to "no enabled pvr addon". Debug log from lock-up condition here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=147397

scott s.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2