imported library issues
I've been having some weird issues with my xbmc install so I decided to do a fresh install. In addition, since I only have one TV, I decided to eliminate the overhead of SQL and just go with a standalone install.

So, i exported my video library. i edited the file to to replace the prior path to the new one, eliminating the smb and just going with the real drive letters.

I completed the reinstall of xbmc and imported the library. All was well.

Then I realized that i didn't have the 'movie information' item on my context menu. I found a post about the source/scraper and adjusted accordingly since i had no scraper set.

let it do a refresh on the path and started getting duplicates of everything. i stopped the process. I found that the new duplicated items had the context item that was missing but the original item did not.

created a new profile, created the sources, with the scrapers, THEN imported my library again. looks good but then as soon as I update library or scan for new content, i start getting duplicates.

working on the debug now

debug - http://pastebin.com/jcDR9Utc

I am running 12.3 on a windows 7 box.

running 'clean library' does not remove any of the dupes.
Is the source info case sensitive? if I edited my export and used lower case f for my drive letter but by default the system will use upper case when creating the source, will a scan see these are two different locations?
never mind. I see that changing things to match has no effect. any scan still gives duplicates.
argh. I think i found it. when exporting, you end up with / in the path. But with Windows, you need to have \ instead.

In looking in the database I can see one entry like this:

f:\shared2\movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\

with another like this:

f:/shared2/movies/28 Weeks Later (2007)/

And checking actual filename fields in other tables,I see the same thing. the imported version goes one way, the newly scanned ones go the other.

If this is the case, how does the import process ever work on a Windows machine?
I seem to remember Karlsen did a fix for this in the recent Gotham beta. You might want to try that.
Any other thoughts? I just installed the Gotham beta, imported the file from before and when I just did a scan, i'm getting duplicates of everything again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
imported library issues0