Lyrics3v2 (Lyrics3 2.00) ID3 tag support - display lyrics from MP3 ID3 tags
Lightbulb 
i searched the forum for lyric(s), not a single hit.

i would like a feature where mp3 show's the content from the lyrics slot in the id3 tag.
havnt seen many mp3 acually use the lyrics tag...
may i suggest the python script for xbmc @ http://www.xbmcscripts.com think its called xbmclyrics or something close its there though
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah if it wasn't that most of the time the lyrics doesn't exist there for my kind of music and then have to choose between more than one option makes you being present to choose witch lyrics to show. alas, better to have the lyric in the id3 tag. yeah i realized often the mp3 doesn't contain that, but you could have a combo, first check the lyrics field, then use the script.
i love the ability to read music lyrics when listening to my music files but find it less than convenient to have to go back to the main menu - select scripts - find the xbmx lyrics file etc.

could the ability to access xbmc lyrics be made thru the white button menu options when selecting a track rather than having to go out and into the music and scripts menus? help!
sounds great!!
you can remap things however you like by editing keymap.xml. to launch a script, use the built-in command xbmc.runscript(script.py). use the full path to the script, ie, e:\xbmc\scripts\lyrics.py. more information about the built-in commands is available in the wiki manual.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(carlos007 @ april 02 2006,10:50 Wrote:i love the ability to read music lyrics when listening to my music files but find it less than convenient to have to go back to the main menu - select scripts - find the xbmx lyrics file etc.

could the ability to access xbmc lyrics be made thru the white button menu options when selecting a track rather than having to go out and into the music and scripts menus? help!
you can always map the script to any button using the keymap.xml....what i would really like to see is if xbmc could read the lyrics from the id3 tags of a song so they can be read locally at anytime.
i'll have to look into modding the script - though this is not my expertise! bet the experts could include it in the latest upgrade. :bowdown:

like the idea of accessing emedded lyrics via mp3 tags - though being lazy - having them online is easier?
it might be easier to add a button to the now playing window (mymusicplaylist.xml) or any of the music windows.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i am currently adding lyrics to and updating all my id3 tags and would love an easy way to view them as part of the milkdrop display or some kind of on-off button would work as well.
i haven't been able to figure out how to display the lyrics at all in xbmc-how is it done or is there a tutorial. i couldn't find anything that deals specifically with displaying music lyrics in the manual.
yea this is a feature that is so basic and should be included. any devs interested in taking it up? we can just leave the online stuff to the xbmclyrics script and maybe even add a feature to download lyrics through that script later on but im getting ahead of myself.
is it possible to show the lyrics "word-by-word" so i dont have to scroll down through the text?

kind of like a karoake
i added a lyrics button (copied the media button and added a label that reads "lyrics") to the media information that appears on my home screen when a song is playing. basically you just add an <execute> tag and point it the xbmclyrics script. it's fairly easy to do. i don't have the code here with me but if anyone wants to see let me know & i'll post.
bump^

just spent a few days editing all my mp3's to id3v2 tags to include lyrics & cover art. i know xbmc is in feature freeze at the moment, but it would be fab if by pressing a button on the remote it would execute a script to see if the current file had embedded lyrics and display them.
great for people who dont have the option to hook the xbox to the net, mobile jukebox etc.

how difficult for a dev to mod the existing lyrics script ?

ziggycat. Smile
i want to display additional information such as "composer", "writer" about the currently playing music clip in the osd area. after poking around, i think i figured this can be done by editing the 'musicoverlay.xml' file under the skins directory.

however, according to the manual, "musicplayer" object doesn't seem to expose these additional tags i need as info attributes on the object.

wondering is there a way to get access to these additional tags?

wondering why musicplayer object exposing only a subset of id tags as attributes and why not all? is it that only the common denominator tags are exposed?

thanks
sri

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrics3v2 (Lyrics3 2.00) ID3 tag support - display lyrics from MP3 ID3 tags0