Req Library Order
Went back through all 11 pages here and didn't seem to find anyone asking about this so apologies if I've missed it.

Is it possible to have the remote read the sort order from the library, not the actual movie titles and list the library in that order? I spend a lot of time sorting my library to the order I prefer and it would be fantastic for the remote to reflect that.Makes it much easier to find all the James Bond films for example. And no, I do not nor will I use movie sets.
So, no?
Oh yes! you mean sorting by the "sorttitle" parameter? In general, what I would like to approach now is a solution for allow library sorting by year, genre, and so on all the sort parameters that the json api expose.
Yes, I mean sorting on the app by the sorttitle from the library. That way Star Trek The Motion Picture is actually Star Trek 01, Batman Begins is followed by The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises and so on.

Also eliminating sorting ANYTHING with The at the begining. Goes for TV Shows to. The Big Bang Theory should not be found under T.

Hope this can be implemented. Otherwise the app is 99% perfect!
Another quick request to add..... a button on the remote that functions like a mouse right-click. There are things you might need to do on your menu that requires a mouse right-click and I can't find such a function on this app.

So Library SORT order and a RIGHT-CLICK function.

Support for Smart Playlists and custom menu items would be cool to but that's more wishful thinking on my part. The first 2 are more basic functions of XBMC.
RIGHT-CLICK function in the remote section ->
button zone: long press the bottom right button (near the arrows) to show the context menu dialog.
gesture zone: long press everywhere and the context menu dialog will appear.
I did not know that! Thanks! Awesome work!
So any update on if this change might come to the app? It would make it 1000 times better than it currently is, which is currently pretty freaking sweet!

One issue though, it seems I can't get one of my system to connect to the app. No idea why. I've changed all the settings to defaults and back, run the app and it finds the system running but it just won't connect. Any ideas what might be causing it to hang? The app works with 2 other systems perfectly and at my friend's house as well.
I know, thank you... but give me a break Smile

The hang issue, in the 99% of the cases, is a firewall issue on the machine where XBMC is running.
I'm not sure how it could be a firewall issue as the app worked fine on the machine until last week, but I will look into it.

Don't mean to bug about the library sort order. I have no idea how difficult it may be to implement and I understand getting updates approved by Apple isn't a cake walk either. Just curious if it's possible/coming. I appreciate everything else about the app greatly.
Got my last system working again. Guess it was something strange in the firewall settings but it's good now.

One thing I have noticed that kind of bugs me is when you have something playing, getting back to the screen with that video info is not easy at all. If you touch the now playing 'button' on the left side, I believe that's in the que, it will restart the video which is not desireable. Also once it's playing you can't look up the info on the video (which is something that XBMC itself doesn't offer a good option for). Just putting those thoughts out there.
have you tried to long press a playlist item?
I hadn't tried that before and now I see how it works.

However there are differences between the iphone and ipad app. ipad has the cue list of items and if only 1 item is cued it can be an issue when trying to use the rest of the app. If you just slightly touch that item it will cause it to restart from the beginning which is annoying. Might be better to have a simple touch bring up the movie info where you can then play or restart if you choose. Aslo to be able to access the player controls (scrubbing control) from the info screen of the now playing title.
In the truth both ipad and iphone shares the same playlist view, is just on the ipad that is always there.
But I see your point of view, to avoid to tap accidentally and then start the playback again, sounds like a solution I have applied some time before in the library view with the "direct play" option now implemented (disabled by default).
So I'm thinking to add an option to enable a behavior like you have described, but probably the current behavior will remain because I think that is more important that a tap in the playlist starts the playback instead of presenting the action sheet.
I understand what you are saying, if you have a number of items qued. Perhaps when you tap a playlist item you could get a pop-up that asks if you want to play that item, resume from what ever point XBMC has it paused at or go to info? Just a thought.

Any luck being able to use the sort order? That's really the one thing I'd love to have the option for. Makes finding my media MUCH easier. Again though, the app is pretty awesome as is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Order0