Remote Choices NUC + OpenElec
(2014-06-03, 13:17)Mark142 Wrote: I have this remote which I use to replace my broken panny remote. It also controls my sky and xbox. I have the Baytrial N2820 NUC would the above code make it work with that NUC also? Also sorry to sound stupid, but if I SSH to the NUC via putty...Do i just copy and paste the code?

According to this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1714980 Baytrail should work out of the box, but if you do need to ssh what i did was copy and paste line-by line from 1st page of haswell thread, the first bunch of lines open a text editor i think:
cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod 0777 autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

then copy and paste the second bunch of lines
# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton-cir

then you may need to save (can't remember) then exit. There's a guide here http://intelnuc.blogspot.fi/2014/01/gett...swell.html
(2014-06-03, 13:59)cineman Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 13:17)Mark142 Wrote: I have this remote which I use to replace my broken panny remote. It also controls my sky and xbox. I have the Baytrial N2820 NUC would the above code make it work with that NUC also? Also sorry to sound stupid, but if I SSH to the NUC via putty...Do i just copy and paste the code?

According to this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1714980 Baytrail should work out of the box, but if you do need to ssh what i did was copy and paste line-by line from 1st page of haswell thread, the first bunch of lines open a text editor i think:
cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod 0777 autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

then copy and paste the second bunch of lines
# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
modprobe nuvoton-cir

then you may need to save (can't remember) then exit. There's a guide here http://intelnuc.blogspot.fi/2014/01/gett...swell.html

Correct, type these lines after SSH'ing in one by one:

Code:
cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod 0777 autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

Then copy and paste all of this inside of nano (nano is a txt editor in linux)
Code:
# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
modprobe nuvoton-cir

Then I think its ctrl-x to exit, and it will ask you to save automatically.

You should also restart at this point. Dunno if that will fix your issues, but thats how to use the information listed there.
Thanks for the confirmation, i'm new to all this and i don't want to be giving duff advice Laugh
to confirm ,I currently use Openelec on my NUC would the above still apply? I have zero experience with Linux
(2014-06-03, 17:13)Mark142 Wrote: to confirm ,I currently use Openelec on my NUC would the above still apply? I have zero experience with Linux

I use openelec too ( a recent gotham nightly build) and the 1972 code worked on i3 haswell nuc when i programmed it into 'game' on the one4all. As someone has said the ir receiver works out of the box on the baytrail i suppose it would make sense to just program the remote with 1972 to the 'game' function (it did not work with dvd function for me) and see if it works before ssh'ing the nuc.
Thanks. I'm gonna try this tonight. If it works you would have just saved me £15 :-)
(2014-06-03, 18:20)Mark142 Wrote: Thanks. I'm gonna try this tonight. If it works you would have just saved me £15 :-)
I hope it works for you, if it does you can remap the buttons (nothing wrong with them if u ask me), i found it a bit tricky to follow: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid565197 ... but i think i did one button
What’s all this “1972” witchcraft of which you speak ?

Also, (and maybe I should start a new thread for this), there was a bit of code I tried yesterday (can’t remember where I read it) that displays remote key-presses on the screen.
The only presses I could see however were when I was manually powering down the NUC via the hard button.

Presumably this command should show a response to any IR that is compatible?

Is there a similar command that would display any IR stream received or does it always have to be the correct protocol?

Could this be why my remotes work with their bundles USB receivers but not on the inbuilt receiver?

Questions... questions.
Witchcraft lol, no apple fruit here. It's a code for a universal remote to map mce buttons to it. Not sure bout the rest.
It works. Thank you so much. I'm very happy.
(2014-06-03, 21:41)Mark142 Wrote: It works. Thank you so much. I'm very happy.

What kind of NUC do you have Mark and which remote ?
(2014-06-03, 21:48)Timster Wrote: What kind of NUC do you have Mark and which remote ?

He uses this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-For-All-Cont...te+control the same as me and baytrail nuc. So looks like it's working for haswell and baytrail.
Edit
ffs i need some sleep Big Grin Forgot to say Congrats on getting the remote working Mark, pleased i helped Wink
Yes as cineman states. Both the all for one remote and baytrail nuc. Works perfectly. It's basically a cheaper version of the harmony remotes.. You can get it for £20 and it now controls my TV, sky, and nuc. It can control up to 6 devices.
Cheers for the replies.

Guess I’m going to have to get a “third” remote to try. Grrr.

Or I could just get a refund on the 300 quid I’ve spent on this palaver and buy a dedicated media player (again).
At least the bloody remote should “really work out of the box”.
Agreed about remote working out of the box. Reading the haswell thread showed that the ir does work out of the box on win with a driver update. So way i see it both linux and windows had to update drivers/software which is the way it goes these days (good 'ol days stuff just worked - i must be getting old Smile )SmileSmile I had popcorn hour, they're not what they used to be, then tryed a cheap mede8er which has great f/w but i didn't like the PQ as much so now it's the nuc. Only regret is i think i should have saved money and gone with baytrail.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Choices NUC + OpenElec1