• 501(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hi Matt, After upgrading to Krypton I am experiencing a very slow and sometimes unresponsive system. Sometimes the blue circle keeps spinning for 5mins before something happens, and sometimes nothing happens. Have tried to reinstall from scratch, but get same result. I have 3 Chromeboxes and all of them are acting the same after update. Is there something in the log that you can see that might be causing this. Is anybody else experiencing thisHuh

https://pastebin.com/Qf0kMryi
(2017-04-02, 10:00)Neil123 Wrote: Hi Matt, After upgrading to Krypton I am experiencing a very slow and sometimes unresponsive system. Sometimes the blue circle keeps spinning for 5mins before something happens, and sometimes nothing happens. Have tried to reinstall from scratch, but get same result. I have 3 Chromeboxes and all of them are acting the same after update. Is there something in the log that you can see that might be causing this. Is anybody else experiencing thisHuh

honestly, this is better handled in the Linux/Live support forum, as I'm far from an expert in deciphering Kodi log files. I can say that LE 8/Kodi 17 is working perfectly on both my main Chromebox and all my test boxes, and what you're describing sounds like it's network related, IME
(2017-04-02, 17:41)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 10:00)Neil123 Wrote: Hi Matt, After upgrading to Krypton I am experiencing a very slow and sometimes unresponsive system. Sometimes the blue circle keeps spinning for 5mins before something happens, and sometimes nothing happens. Have tried to reinstall from scratch, but get same result. I have 3 Chromeboxes and all of them are acting the same after update. Is there something in the log that you can see that might be causing this. Is anybody else experiencing thisHuh

honestly, this is better handled in the Linux/Live support forum, as I'm far from an expert in deciphering Kodi log files. I can say that LE 8/Kodi 17 is working perfectly on both my main Chromebox and all my test boxes, and what you're describing sounds like it's network related, IME

Matt thanks for the reply. Looked into the network on the box and ran a speed test on kodi Krypton got a result of 7mbps. 53mbps less than what I should have. I have it set up to dual boot so I logged in to Chrome OS ran the same test got a result of 61mbps. Went back to kodi and uninstalled "VPN Manager for Open VPN" rebooted and ran the speed test again back to 60mbps again..everything works but no VPN...
Just curious when we might see an update to the script to support 17.1? Thanks!
(2017-04-03, 05:11)inetjnky Wrote: Just curious when we might see an update to the script to support 17.1? Thanks!
it already does, LibreELEC 8.0.1 is the current stable release, based on Kodi 17.1. But the script is only used for initial setup, after that updates are handled same as any other device running LibreELEC

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Hi Matt

I am glad i found this thread.
I am currently using dual boot, i.e. Chrome OS & KODI Version 6.0.0. I have problem recently after I bought a new 4K Samdung TV. The new TV is not able to detect my ASUS chromebox. My workaround is to disconnect the HDMI cable between TV and chromebox. Once it is booted, I then re-connect the HDMI cable. Sometime it works and sometime it won't. Do you know what could be the problem ? Do you think updating KODI will help ?
I tried to update via KODI but to no avail.

Previously I use this link to install a dual boots - http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#Device_Preparation.

Everything is OK until I replaced the TV. I hope I can find a solution here. Thanks in advance for the help.
(2017-04-03, 05:59)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-04-03, 05:11)inetjnky Wrote: Just curious when we might see an update to the script to support 17.1? Thanks!
it already does, LibreELEC 8.0.1 is the current stable release, based on Kodi 17.1. But the script is only used for initial setup, after that updates are handled same as any other device running LibreELEC

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

Ok, Great. I have been monitoring post #1 where it shows the version history and it only shows v17.0 which is why I asked. I'll work on upgrading and re-running the script tonight to upgrade my 16.x and OpenElec install.

2017-02-21
------------------------------------------------------------------
- Update to LibreELEC 8.0.0 (Kodi 17.0)
- Update Chromebox standalone/UEFI firmware (see https://mrchromebox.tech for details)
(2017-04-03, 15:30)inetjnky Wrote: Ok, Great. I have been monitoring post #1 where it shows the version history and it only shows v17.0 which is why I asked. I'll work on upgrading and re-running the script tonight to upgrade my 16.x and OpenElec install.

honestly I've just been lax in updating the OP, especially since the LE/firmware sources are now updated as part of my larger-encompassing Firmware Utility Scrpt
I can't get AC3 5.1 passthrough audio to work in Kodi 17.1 and Xubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-71-generic x86_64) on a CN60/Panther box. PCM 2-channel audio works fine.

Chromebox is connected to TV with HDMI, TV connected to receiver with S/PDIF.

My Kodi log contains the error "PulseAudio: Waited for the stream but it failed".

Is this the sort of problem that might be solved by updating (and thus switching to Custom UEFI firmware)? I'm currently running Full ROM / Legacy (MrChromebox 08/05/2016).
(2017-04-04, 02:29)liebezeit Wrote: I can't get AC3 5.1 passthrough audio to work in Kodi 17.1 and Xubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-71-generic x86_64) on a CN60/Panther box. PCM 2-channel audio works fine.

Chromebox is connected to TV with HDMI, TV connected to receiver with S/PDIF.

My Kodi log contains the error "PulseAudio: Waited for the stream but it failed".

Is this the sort of problem that might be solved by updating (and thus switching to Custom UEFI firmware)? I'm currently running Full ROM / Legacy (MrChromebox 08/05/2016).

nothing to do with firmware, sounds like your passthru audio device was reset/set incorrectly as a result of the v17 update. Have you verified the correct output device is selected for passthru audio?
(2017-04-04, 03:57)Matt Devo Wrote: sounds like your passthru audio device was reset/set incorrectly as a result of the v17 update. Have you verified the correct output device is selected for passthru audio?

Thanks Matt. I've tried everything I could think of or found online. For anyone else having this problem I've started a thread on the Kodi Linux support forum here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311235
(2017-04-04, 05:09)liebezeit Wrote: Thanks Matt. I've tried everything I could think of or found online. For anyone else having this problem I've started a thread on the Kodi Linux support forum here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311235

replied there
Hi Matt,

i am interested about installing GalliumOS. Can you please help me with these questions:
When GalliumOS is default after Startup, will it promtly switch to Kodi (within GalliumOS) without logon etc?
Does Kodi run slower on GalliumOS?
Does "Suspend mode" (able to awake the device via remote control) work with GalliumOS?
Is Kodi 17 already available on GalliumOS?

Thanks!
(2017-04-05, 16:49)AttacktheCow Wrote: Hi Matt,

i am interested about installing GalliumOS. Can you please help me with these questions:
When GalliumOS is default after Startup, will it promtly switch to Kodi (within GalliumOS) without logon etc?
it's not configured to do so, no, but could be done.
Quote:Does Kodi run slower on GalliumOS?
not once it's launched, but obviously booting the OS and launching the app will take longer than on a dedicated setup like LibreELEC.
Quote:Does "Suspend mode" (able to awake the device via remote control) work with GalliumOS?
sure, wake from any USB-attached device should work. Unsure about BT, haven't used/tested that.
Quote:Is Kodi 17 already available on GalliumOS?
sure, it's whatever is in the Kodi stable repo, which should be 17.1 IIRC.
Can someone please help me?

I want to reset my asus chromebox cn60 back to chromeos.

I am getting this message when the machine boots

gbb.flags is nonzero: 0x00000039
read-only firmware id: Google_Panther.4920.24.21
active firmware id: Google_Panther.4920.24.21

chrome os is missing or damaged.
Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card.

I created a recovery disk through the Chromebook Recovery Utility, using a 8GB USB stick
Rebooted with the stick in it, it still keeps showing the above message.

How do I fix this?
All I have is a USB stick.
If you say that I have to reset any flags, how do I do that?
I can't even boot another OS, can I?

Worried if I have bricked my chromebox
  • 501(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37