Out of the Box XBMC Solution that can Bitstream?
Hello all.

I've been a user of XBMC back in they glorious XBOX days. It was the perfect solution that worked from an IR remote and had various Xbox's throughout my house. Problem is now I want bitstreaming HD Audio (DTS MA and Dobly TrueHD for my Blue Ray Collection). My wife and kids need to be able to work it. Not to fond of a computer solution that tends to work 90% of the time. Just wondering what is out there now that can do this. We are using Popcorn Hour's at the moment..but I much prefer the XBMC user interface.

Thanks to anyone for their time,

Robert
Xbmc only works on computers, you just need the right one. I use Acer revos with ion2 chipsets. There are many people using Intel nuc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've got an NUC running Openelec, and it's the best mix of 'out of the box' and performance that I've found so far. Had it up and running in 15 minutes from the box, with IR support working a charm too.
(2014-05-10, 22:54)Delver Wrote: I've got an NUC running Openelec, and it's the best mix of 'out of the box' and performance that I've found so far. Had it up and running in 15 minutes from the box, with IR support working a charm too.

+1

2820 NUC here. oE 4.0 and harmony universal remotes. Works perfectly 100% of the time streaming off SMB shares.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Out of the Box XBMC Solution that can Bitstream?0