XBMC Gotham Rc library issue and more
Hi guys,

I'm currently running Ubuntu 13.10 on a Asus Chromebox and I'm having a couples of small issues. I do not know where to post this so I'm trying here.

First of all, when I launch a movie from the movie section it takes around 20-25 second to launch but when I do it from the tv show section it's instant. Both sections are using the same smb mysql share and it's coming from the same pc. I've gathered some log to show the difference;

When I launch a movie :
http://pastebin.com/RQuMHX5d

When I launch a tv show :
http://pastebin.com/jEqC9xcE

Someone pointed out on another thread that the movie is taking around 20sec to look for external subtitles and not the tv show.

Second of all, I'm having weird stutter on the right side of the screen only when I'm navigating through the menu : http://m.imgur.com/o8XeQJD If I stop and wait a bit the stutter disappear. Someone pointed out in another thread that it's looking like a Transparency check pattern.

Any idea on how to fix those issues?

On a side note, I'm also having trouble with overscan within Ubuntu. My tv doesn't have an overscan option and the resolution of the chromebox is not right. I've tried to set up a new resolution with xrandr but when I do a custom resolution 1366x766 the screen goes black and it revert back to the old resolution. Any heavy linux that could help me out with that?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read that Smile and sorry for my english (second language).
What things do you have in the folder smb://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/Media/Movies ?

It may be that it contains some .rar or .zip files that might be problematic or some such.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-05-09, 00:01)jmarshall Wrote: What things do you have in the folder smb://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/Media/Movies ?

It may be that it contains some .rar or .zip files that might be problematic or some such.

It contains .nfo, .srt, .jpeg, that's it and all my movie !
How many .srt's? Lots, right?

Try moving a movie, it's srt and nfo to a separate folder and see if you have the same problem.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2014-05-10, 00:36)jmarshall Wrote: How many .srt's? Lots, right?

Try moving a movie, it's srt and nfo to a separate folder and see if you have the same problem.

So I moved every .srt to a different location and set my subtitles setting to download to that location.. didn't do it.

And when I moved a movie to a separate folder inside the movie folder, it loaded the movie in 5 sec. Any way to fix that.. or I have to put every movie in a folder ? (I have like 1000 movie.. that's gonna be long)
Scan for external subtitles causes delays for me aswell when theres lot of files in a folder (especially tv shows where theres 20+ episodes and then nfos, jpgs etc for each episode). The likes of this will movie all movies into seperate folders but you will probably need to manually move in the jpg etc (if you google there should be similar programs or scripts for different operating systems).

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19707/qui...d-folders/
(2014-05-10, 22:52)kaiseruk Wrote: Scan for external subtitles causes delays for me aswell when theres lot of files in a folder (especially tv shows where theres 20+ episodes and then nfos, jpgs etc for each episode). The likes of this will movie all movies into seperate folders but you will probably need to manually move in the jpg etc (if you google there should be similar programs or scripts for different operating systems).

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19707/qui...d-folders/

Isn't there a way to move every .nfo, .jpeg to a different location ? So then I can keep all my movie in only one folder ? I would really like to find an alternative without creating thousands of folder inside my main movie folder..
That's not what I asked you to do.

I asked you to move a SINGLE movie, and it's associated files, to a different folder and try playing that.

That would confirm that the issue is with lots and lots of subtitles in the same folder.

Until we get that confirmation, nothing else will be looked at.

(2014-05-11, 04:01)jmarshall Wrote: That's not what I asked you to do.

I asked you to move a SINGLE movie, and it's associated files, to a different folder and try playing that.

That would confirm that the issue is with lots and lots of subtitles in the same folder.

Until we get that confirmation, nothing else will be looked at.

I must have misinterpreted myself. I did move one single movie and it's associated files to a different folder and that movie was up and running with a 5 second delay instead of 20 sec. That did the trick.
Thanks. How many files in total, and how many .srt files do you have in the large folder?

What are they named (some examples will do).

Thanks,
Jonathan

(2014-05-12, 00:27)jmarshall Wrote: Thanks. How many files in total, and how many .srt files do you have in the large folder?

What are they named (some examples will do).

Thanks,
Jonathan

3 358 files in total in the movie folder

- 971 movies (.mp4, .avi, .mkv)
- 796 .nfo
- 1590 .jpeg (poster & fanart)
- 0 .srt (Moved them to a different folder and set up a download location to that folder)

The movies are named like this :

- The Avengers (2012).avi
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012).mkv

The .jpeg are named like this :

- The Avengers (2012)-fanart.jpeg
- The Avengers (2012)-poster.jpeg

Nfo :

- The Avengers (2012).nfo
Thanks. I presume you have 1000-odd .srt files in that other folder? They're plain .srt and not compressed, right?

(2014-05-12, 04:55)jmarshall Wrote: Thanks. I presume you have 1000-odd .srt files in that other folder? They're plain .srt and not compressed, right?

Nop.. only 142 items.. and some more scatered around my tv shows folders and yes they're plain .srt not compressed.
ok, thanks!

(2014-05-12, 04:59)jmarshall Wrote: ok, thanks!

Do I have to put every movie into single folder ? Or is there an alternative ? I would really like to keep my folder clean without having 1000 sub-folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Gotham Rc library issue and more0