Win deleting does not seem to actually delete
So I get the two prompts when trying to delete a TV shows from my library via XBMC. It asks to remove it from XBMC which it does, but then asks to delete the file, I hit YES and all is well. I go to check my directory, file still exists ... is this a bug? I would have assumed telling it to delete the actual file would have removed it!

Intel NUC with windows 7 running Gotham 7 on aeon nox 4.1.9
It should delete the file, but only the file(not subtitles or any extra artwork\folders). Maybe yours is experiencing permission issues and can not delete the file.
My windows log in is the same as that windows log in, checked file permissions and directory permissions and it's wide open for this user. What user does it try to delete as? XBMC is hooked to a SMB share on aonther windows 7 computer. I do not mind it keeping extra artwork/folders, just want the main file deleted.
i also cant delete files from xbmc. but i can delete from explorer. if its permission problem, what kind of permission xbmc used?
Same problem on Gotham. Xbmc is not deleting movie file from disk. Doesnt show confirmation prompt for deleting movie file from disk like it used to on Fredo. Any suggestions?
Hello, I have the same problem. I have kodi 14.2 and Windows 64-bit.
If I delete a movie after watching I am deleting it in the library and also the actual files (I hope). But after a restart they are back again! I have to delete them with windows explorer. I seem not to be able to delete from within Kodi. It is a bit annoying. I have alread marked "allow file renamiing and deleting" in the setting in the system. Is there something else I should do? Can not find anything i wiki. Thanks in advande. Hope someone can help me dout :-)
Hello
I still have this problem. How about the others? Am I the only one with this deleting problem?
I can not believe that..
Works for me. You'll have to actually give details about your situation for further troubleshooting.
You can read more details in my comment from 2015-08-17 17:1This has always been going on since I started with XBMC 5 years ago maybe.

I can give more details if you tell me how to do? There is a log in Kodi right?
But if I chose to not import subs or other info about the films then there is no problem.
For now I have chose to place the subs next to the film. That is maybe better to place it in a custom folder?
Or can it be about the thumbs about the film? Were are they located on the harddrive by the way?
If I delete a movie after watching I am deleting it in the library and also the actual files (I hope). But after a restart they are back again! I have to delete them with windows explorer. I seem not to be able to delete from within Kodi. It is a bit annoying. I have alread marked "allow file renamiing and deleting" in the setting in the system. Is there something else I should do? Can not find anything i wiki. Thanks in advande. Hope someone can help me dout :-)

My data is:
Kodi 16.1
Windows 10 pro, version 1607, Build 14393,447
Intel Core i7-6700K CPU 4.00GHz
memory 16GB
64-bit
Intel HD graphics 530, driver 20.19.15.4474

The kodi.log is at: http://pastebin.com/C7jZAk7G
In this log I first deleted War Dogs and that went well. But deleting Las Vegas did not work out. Had to delete it with Windows Explorer to do the work. From inside Kodi it was not possible.

This has been the same the last 5 years over different OS and different versions of Kodi and different hardware versions. I hope there is a cure for this? Maybe I just do something wrong when deleting?
Now I will go for a trip but I will be back on Friday in case someone is sending a question to me I will probably not see it until then. Thanks in advance.
If deletion is turned on in Kodi's settings (Settings -> Videos -> File lists), and the video is located somewhere that Kodi has the ability to delete from (as in, a read/write file share, local drive, etc), then the actual video file itself* should be deleted when deleted from the Kodi GUI. This is different from just selecting "remove from library", which will not delete the actual file.

*Support files such as image files and subtitle files, don't get deleted automatically, but there is an add-on that can do this. I think the Janitor add-on can help with this.
Yes, deletion is turned on in Kodi settings. And the video is on the local harddrive. In read/write file share. But still the video is not deleted when I delete from library + delete the actual video from the harddrive.

Exactly the same way "Vivivthemage" and "Publicenemy" and "Budzik" above describes above. I am facing the same problem. The video which I am thinking is deleted in fact is still on harddrive so I have to delete it one more time with the Windows explorer.

The support files I have chose to place next to the video so they should be deleted at the same time. I can chose that in Kodi. Or are they still somewere on the hardrive? Is it those who are making it impossible to delete the whole video from the Kodi GUI?
Maybe I should place them in a custom folder?

If that is the case the problem is because of the support files, would this Janitor app help?
I had a similar issue which was caused by a "Thumbs" folder not existing. It was listed in the logs as not existing, so I could find where it should be and just manually added it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285401

Read that thread all the way through and see if it helps. There are 2 people with the same issue, but different directories for the thumbs folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
deleting does not seem to actually delete0