Faulty Video, Fix, Found!!!!!!
Bug 
There is a video problem with GOTHAM and a senior member of "ANOTHER" forum answered it.Nod
AND I QUOTE:
Quote:"Before last weekend, I felt exactly the same way about Gotham and nobody on this and other forums offered help. It took over a month of experimenting until I discovered the problem with using Gotham.

To fix the no video problem:
Go into settings and select "Advanced". Within "Video\Acceleration" look for the following two options:
1) Allow hardware acceleration (Libstagefright): Enable
2) Allow hardware acceleration (Media Codec): Disable (This causes the no video problem) "

I would have wished that XBMC would have acknowledged and fixed the problem, or members of this forum HELP people to know how to fix it.

I had another thread about this, on THIS forum, but it was "garbage binned", I was laughed at and ridiculed, about something that REALLY EXISTS!!!! Angel

The "other board" also acknowledge the "Sorry, Source Website Down" (for "certain" add-ons) issue. and they have no answer, YET. I hope someone from HERE, tries to HELP with it. Huh

just because someone "says" that "the sky is falling", doesn't mean it isn't. GOTHAM does have PROBLEMS, HUGE ones. Nod

A COMPLETELY VALID issue was "garbage binned"!? Confused How sad is that? How many more discussions of problems, have been "garbage binned"?Huh
Got a funny feeling this will go the same way.
what "Sorry, Source Website Down"? what website is down?
Oh dear, yet another day yet another rant.

Perhaps if the tone of your posts were better and you provided better descriptions of your problems people would be more inclined to help.
rants are popular these days Smile
This is one of those threads that is pointless, without further detail.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that someone found the "Allow hardware acceleration (Media Codec): Disable (This causes the no video problem)". But when you actually think about it, it's kinda "Well, Duh" you have the media codec disabled, so of course you aren't going to see any video.

The real information you should be providing to the XBMC team are:

1. Explain what hardware you were having this problem with (and with extra details like, was it hooked up via HDMI, VGA, DVI, etc).
2. Is this on a fresh install of Gotham, or was it an upgrade from Frodo (and what version).
3. Did you go through the Video settings and note down all the settings (screenshots would be nice), and see if any were Disabled? Did you turn on these Disabled items 1 at a time and see if this fixed the issue?
4. The "It worked in Frodo, but now it doesn't work in Gotham" doesn't really help anyone. Try to do a little troubleshooting yourself, and note what you did in your forum post as well.

So by capturing the above information for the XBMC team, perhaps they could find out that the above setting that fixed the issue, might only happen on certain hardware, which they could fix, or at least let everyone know how to fix it.
On a side note, markjc2002 sure does love to use exclamation points in all of his threads.

Maybe thats the issue all along, someone check his debug log for ! being stuck.
It was garbage binned because you mentioned 3rd party add-ons that involve piracy.

The other forum you posted on it has nothing to do with here
Nice that you found a friend through !
@invisable
i understand the other forum has NOTHING to do with you, i think that is why someone helped me.

@Powerhouse
thank you
i am a software beta tester and work in tec support.
when i test a program, i just don't "kick-the-tires"
i deflate them, run on RIMS, and crash it into a brick wall.
MY developers WANT to have the programs tested HARD! they WELCOME bug info, not run from it or hide.
They have thick skin, when i tell them their "baby" is ugly, they listen. no hysterics

but "listening" is an art. people that cant take being told their "baby"is ugly... shouldn't have kids.
just sayin'

by the way, i have 4 kindles,(2 HD, 2 HDX), a nexus 4, nexus 5, and a LG google TV running KK 4.4.2

FRODO runs ALL add-ons with no problem. GOTHAM blocks access, no joke. ANY way: fresh install, upgrade, overlay install... ALL times that GOTHAM is used it reports that the "source wwebsite is down". it is NOT true. if you use FRODO or monthly build 9 (september) full access to ALL add-ons is allowed.

just the fact that some add-ons are considered "piracy" hints at the fact that there is a "picking and choosing" what is good and what is bad.
any citizen of the USA has a right to a personal copy, a library copy
only the REAL police have a right to "police"
@markjc2002 the reason add-ons that involve piracy are not discussed here is to protect xbmc it's never been, or will be intention to view copyrighted material on or through xbmc.
However as it is a open-source software you can install and create whatever add-ons you like.
I can safely Gotham does not block access to certain web adresses, it sounds like the issuse you are having maybe due to the coding of a certain add-on maybe it's not been upgraded to be compatable with Gotham, anyway this should be disscused with the developer of this add-on and not blamed on the the developers of xbmc who dedicate there time to bring you something free of charge which in my opinion is the best media centre of them all.

There is nothing more say!
Banning discussion of piracy addons has nothing to do with your personal rights. It has to do with our liability Smile And this forum is not a free place for all discussion. Our forum, our rules. Don't like it, start up your own forum and you too can make the rules there.
(2014-05-09, 23:59)markjc2002 Wrote: MY developers WANT to have the programs tested HARD! they WELCOME bug info, not run from it or hide.

And yet not one of your posts even contained a debug log - how is anyone supposed to help without that?
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I truly feel sorry for the devs where he practices his beta testing skills. I'm certain that they're in awe of his personal communication skills and diagnostic abilities.
However tempting... we should refrain from personal attacks. Forum Rules ---> it's our way or the highway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Faulty Video, Fix, Found!!!!!!1