Team XBMC PPA bug report filing
Hi there,

Does somebody know how to file an bug report for the Ubuntu build of XBMC which can be found in the Team XBMC PPA for this Linux distro? I've tried to send an email to the respective email address mentioned on the PPA homepage but never heard back so
I'm unsure if the email made or not.

Any pointers / info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
Post your issues in this forum. The maintainers will see it. If it's really a bug (e.g. not something non supported version or anything else), trac.xbmc.org is the next station.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK, here we go:

The current build from the PPA for x86_64 architectures has power management issues. Hibernation from XBMC does not work, albeit the fact upower is installed and that the user executing xbmc.bin can send a corresponding DBus message requesting hibernation to upower which will hibernate the machine manually. I also noticed that debug / info messages about the selected power management method are missing from the log file (file PowerManager.cpp and the linux subdirecory). These messages are present when I pull the source from the GIT repo and build the executable myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Team XBMC PPA bug report filing0