Apple TV3 or something else?
Hi there

I've been looking to purchase a hardware media player for XBMC. I don't really want to go to the trouble of having to purchase something that I cannot buy in shops here in West Australia, so I'm limited to things such as Apple TV & products by other companies such as Western Digital. I have read that the only way to get XBMC in the Apple TV3 is via jailbreak, but everywhere I look says it's still not Jailbroken? I've seen a product mentioned called Air Parrot, which lets you stream from other computers, iPads, etc.. It says that you can stream videos, but they need to be compatible with iTunes, which seems to cancel out MKVs? Also I've no idea as to if it will give us the original audio (ie 5.1) or if it converts to stereo?

I've no idea if there are other players that use XBMC? I know that some Blu-Ray players have Plex, but I'd rather stick with XBMC. I also want to have the full resolution of playback, as well as proper audio, so I don't want anything that cuts down the resolution to standard definition, etc..

I have a laptop that I could consider using, but my playback setup would be on a video projector, & due to where it is located it's very fiddly to connect it up. I've read various things about wireless HDMI, which would help a great deal, but I've no idea where to purchase anything along those lines nor if they would assist?

Sorry for the long-winded question.

William

PS I'm also hoping to be able to play files from discs, & not just HDD, so I'm hoping to find a way of playing back the discs from my PC possibly via streaming to a media player?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV3 or something else?0