Implementing FAT12/16/32 (and VFAT) support in XBMC
There's no USB stack available anywhere on the internet that can be adapted for this purpose? That's strange...

I'd like bigger removable media support because I don't really want to have my computer on to stream files. Who's to say that the computer's in the same room, the same floor, or even the same house. Sad

(I replaced my DVD drive with the Philips one that can read CD-Rs for this purpose... but I'm thinking of the children here!)
im a programmer but never programmed for the xbox (yet, i am not new to mod, but i regiter here recently and i plan to start programmig for the xbox).
I was wondering if it is possible to increase the 4 gb limit for USB Mass storage devices. is it programmable or is it a bios (or chipset) problem.
Rainbow 
so what do you think? programmable or bios (or chipset). if it is programmable id like to give it a try.
XBMC 4ever
kernel usb subsystem limitation
hi
just so that i know you are talking about fat32 read and Write, plus bigger than the 4 gb limit or the limit will stand. Cool
XBMC 4ever
sorry didnt realized it had bean moved
XBMC 4ever
yo guys ne update on this...
is there a deadline set for when linksboks will be integrated?
ignore above
i hit the wrong thread
how very noobish of me...
I wish someone would do this. Sad Even if it wrote at low speeds. I really need to transfer music to my PSP from my xbox.
LOL its been implemented already since xbmc 2.0.0, there is read-only support for FAT12/16/32 formatted USB Mass Storage Devices up to 4GB in size.
Xbox Version: 1.0
Mod Type: Hardmod (Chip)
Modchip: Xecuter 2.6 CE
Bios: X2 5035
Dash: XBMC/EvoX/UnleashX
First - sorry for my very bad English.
The main argument (i understood so) was, fat-support is need therefor or it's more important, because most mp3-mplayers contain a normal fat-filesystem.
Now fat is implemented (if i'm correct).
I googled around and found a auspicious python-lib (i don't know what's the original website: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-ipod).
When it is to much work to implement native ipod-support (did it has an it's own filesystem or is it PC/MAC-specific (fat or ntfs / HFS (mac-fs)?), maybe we can develope a python-plugin based on this python-library?
Is that realistic? If yes, I'll try my best, but I'm only a hobby-programmer with target on *NIX-Systems.

Thanks a lot,

d@tenmaulwurf
others can probably comment more on this than me, but I know that as it stands right now, xbmc only supports drives up to 4gb in size, whereas most ipods are larger than that, though it would be nice to have ipod support for those smaller ipods like the nano and shuffle and stuff i suppose. I'm guessing its probably possible to get the xbox to read the smaller ipods, but a lot more work will need to be done to allow larger drives, if its possible at all.
Information 
Please understand that XBMC only have FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 read support, not FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 write support! And XBMC only have FATX write support because the XDK (Xbox Software Development Kit from Microsoft) has a library for that. Now I'm not a programmer myself but I'm pretty sure you must develop a FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 library with write support in C, C++ and/or Assembly, (as Python do not have low-level hardware access). Also note that since XBMC can only read drives up to 4GB in size (and write to 4GB FATX) because Xbox kernel (inside the Xbox BIOS) to access USB Mass Storage and that has that limitation, so if you want read/write for larger size drives you either need hack the Xbox kernel (BIOS) or write a library that access the USB and USB Mass Storage devices directly, (again in C, C++ and/or Assembly programming language).

Please follow these links for more information:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...discussion
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=19653
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...rt_in_XBMC
http://www.xbmc.xbox-scene.com/forum/sho...hp?t=18517
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i was two about to ask how the progress was going on the unleashx porting over so that XBMC can support large FAT32 HDD via USB

As interested for a HDD recorder project i was going to do ..
(HDD recorder combined with xbox .. recorder records stuf, and teh xbox could acces it

BUT as it seems as thou this may not be so simple ..

thought of a network HDD adtapter that sits in recorder instead, which 'shares' the files to the xbox .. Smile

Mick ...
progress is reflected in the usefullness of this feature - zilch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Implementing FAT12/16/32 (and VFAT) support in XBMC1