Questions about XMBC Boxee (13.1 Linux)
Hey,
I have a version of XBMC ported to Boxee and its using XBMC Linux version 13.1 ,

I've never used XBMC before so I have a couple of questions and I really hope this is the right place,
And if not - Hope you will be forgiving since I'm not really sure where to ask all of these questions

1. Is it possible to use Netflix? I saw there's supppoed to be a Netflix app in the Default Repo but I don't see it in the Add-on list...
2. How can I set my DNS to something custom? I heard i can SSH to my XBMC box and set the resolv.conf file to my custom DNS , but ...
3. I can't seem to be able to SSH to the XBMC ... when trying ssh [email protected] i get the error 'ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.6 port 22: Connection refused'... Am I missing something? Should this option be turned on/off somewhere in the settings ... ?
4. How can I add custom repositories? I'm not sure what is the formate, where do I find custom repositories and how are they added specifically.

I'm really sorry if these are two many simple/noob questions but I would really appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Shai.
For Netflix you can unplug the USB stick and boot into the boxee apps or look into the automatic install to internal memory. It's my understanding that the Netflix XBMC add-on has problems.
I'm in a rush right now but go over to the boxed in forum and you'll find the ssh info.
Hey kdnoel,
Thank you for tryign to help ...

Problem is I'd much rather use Netflix from within XMBC ... Is that not possible ?

I tried looking for the SSH info on google and Boxeed and found nothing ...

Thanks again
Shai
You can Telnet in using these instructions. http://boxeed.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102
On the boxee Box you need to install the ssh server to get ssh access or you are stuck with telnet.

About the Netflix , I was curious if the Boxee Apps like netflix and the cool web browser could run out of xbmc, but I have had n o luck there yet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about XMBC Boxee (13.1 Linux)0