With Gotham, cannot passthrough DTS-HD and TRUEHD
First sorry my english Big Grin
I am a user of himedia q12-2, when i am using frodo, i can see dts-hd and true-hd logos at my pioneer avr.
After gotham update, i cannot see hd audios, just dts and dd, when i watch a dts-hd encoded rip, i see only dts logos on my avr.
When i look settings/system/audio output, no dts-hd and truehd capable receiver menu.
i search this problem on google Blush i found its about pulseaudio, but how can i solve problem.
First, by posting in the right forum Wink
(2014-06-26, 08:23)Koying Wrote: First, by posting in the right forum Wink

Yeh, i posted right forum, under android,
because my question is about android device, not linux Smile or isnt it Big Grin
Oh right. Was confused about puleaudio which is linux.

Well, there is no way HD audio bitstream ever worked on an official xbmc for Android version. Might be your frodo was a custom one...
(2014-06-26, 09:45)Koying Wrote: Oh right. Was confused about puleaudio which is linux.

Well, there is no way HD audio bitstream ever worked on an official xbmc for Android version. Might be your frodo was a custom one...

ok. then, can i remove pulseaudio, and install alsa, or copying frodo's voice settings to gotham.

i prefer gotham because, it has video zoom option, i hate black bars when i watching,

frodo has not video zoom option. but has hd audios,
gotham has video zoom option, but cant take hd audios omg Confused
Err, there is no pulseaudio or alsa on android (at least not reachable by xbmc).
It has its own audio manager.

Once and for all, there is no HD audio on XBMC Android. Punt.
(2014-06-26, 11:31)Koying Wrote: Err, there is no pulseaudio or alsa on android (at least not reachable by xbmc).
It has its own audio manager.

Once and for all, there is no HD audio on XBMC Android. Punt.

tnx for reply, i must wait that himedia modded gotham release,
i ll return frodo for hd audios, but i cannot use videozoom option Confused
@Koying - maybe gpl violators? http://www.hdtech.com.tr/tr/himedia-q12-...Aciklamasi
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Don't know, they don't seem to mention XBMC. HD audio is not black magic with the proper hardware and real firmware engineers on Android.
Official XBMC will anyway have to use the least common denominator, i.e. plain 2 chan stereo, unless we start adding per-device hacks.

Even enabling AC3/DTS passthrough on Android is a leap of faith. There's no provision in Android, we just assume most box vendors will implement at least that one way or another.
(2014-06-26, 16:50)Koying Wrote: Don't know, they don't seem to mention XBMC. HD audio is not black magic with the proper hardware and real firmware engineers on Android.
Official XBMC will anyway have to use the least common denominator, i.e. plain 2 chan stereo, unless we start adding per-device hacks.

Even enabling AC3/DTS passthrough on Android is a leap of faith. There's no provision in Android, we just assume most box vendors will implement at least that one way or another.

its not about android device, frodo and gotham has different audio settings.
i tryed from galaxy s4

this is frodo's audio settings.
http://i.hizliresim.com/djy9YD.png

and this is gotham's audio settings
http://i.hizliresim.com/lYaAJr.png

@Memphiz , @Koying
Yes this about android ... believe me Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-06-27, 11:27)Memphiz Wrote: Yes this about android ... believe me Smile

i know that Big Grin

But it must be a solution. can i integrate, frodo's audio options to gotham? any way
You don't seem to understand. That the options showed in frodo just means we didn't properly hid them, nothing else.
HD audio was never a feature of official XBMC Android and will not be in the foreseeable future.

Now, where did you got the Frodo with supposedly working HD audio from?
(2014-06-27, 13:12)Koying Wrote: You don't seem to understand. That the options showed in frodo just means we didn't properly hid them, nothing else.
HD audio was never a feature of official XBMC Android and will not be in the foreseeable future.

Now, where did you got the Frodo with supposedly working HD audio from?

i downloaded your official web site from, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/
i used it and took hd audios with frodo but you says no way,
i think you couldnt understand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With Gotham, cannot passthrough DTS-HD and TRUEHD0