Work flow(daily use) and general database management(META)!
Hi all,

the best MP out there...

I use XBMC on daily basis, and it works great and it's getting better all the time.. but i do have some ideas to make it maybe even better...

it's the usability stuff.

i like the idea of the profiles, but they are to difficult to use, takes to long time to setup and well who needs 2 different systems setup up's and logging in and out all the timeHuh , and yes folders/files management is possible under video but don't work under Movies/tv or music.

I have a kid(4y), she can use the remote by now but i do have some ideas to make it easier..

1. Grupping of content like kids movies, tv, music+ in the video/movie menu or as a main menu maybe, so when i search for meta data online/fan art I can add the movie to the group "kids" or "Adult", and have it separated from the start.. when i want to see something, i don't want to look through her movies to, to find what i want to watch.

1-2. Icon for the Groups and content type(movie/TV/DVD).

2. being able to easy delete META data from both database and locals files(NFO/FANART) all in one for item being movie, TV or music, it takes to much work for one person to delete that data if one made an error to begin with!.

2.2. viewing of poster when searching for the correct movie/tv/music, not only the tittle(add-on "error").

3. I can't seem to change the title of an Movie when using Meta/scraper data, i have a few movies where the title is in german or dutch but the rest of the data is correct and in english.. i know it's a problem from where the scraper is getting the META data.. but would be nice to be able to change it easy.

Number 2, is the thing i see as an bug, it's easy to add an movie.. but not to change or delete the META if it's wrong.

ps. have been wondering why all META search programs don't wait on getting content like fan art and info for when I'm finish finding the correct data.. like an batch process.. it takes forever when i have to search for a 8 season tv show, and then wait 10MIN for it to finish to do the next.

-Harry from Denmark.

Been using XBMC on
Windows/linux(x86/ARM)/OSX.
hello Harry,

what I have done for my kids is not setting up different profiles but I used smart playlists and an entry in the main menu. I am using Aeon Nox as a skin so there it is very easy to place a new entry. You could also use an icon for the new created main menu item which makes it much easier for kids to find it. Nod

all this meta data and scrapping issues I had my trouble as well but following this guide it made live much easier. additionally I do not use any separate scrapper (but i did in the past) which would also increase the probability for a correct match.

/krijeck
rebuilding ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work flow(daily use) and general database management(META)!0