Win Help Syncing XBMC (MySQL)
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post let me explain the issue as best as I can

Disclaimer - I am new to XBMC, NAS and My SQL

What I want done - I have XBMC on my QNAP NAS with a bunch of TV Shows & I want to set it up so that when am done watching on the QNAP I move to my windows 8.1 laptop and pick up (mainly the watched and resume status)

What I have done so far -
1. Setup MySQL on QNAP - added MySQL on Qnap, logged into MyPHP and created a user named xbmc, didn't create a database then just granted all privileges.
2. Exported Video Library on QNAP - checked MySQL and there are 2 databases for video and audio titled "MyMusic48" and MyVideos76"
3. Installed XBMC on my laptop, added the same sources and created an advancedsettings.xml file under the userdata folder.
4. Imported Video Library on laptop and nothing happens.

Info -
1.My advancedsettings.xml file looks like this

"<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.2.22</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>"

2.My Debug log related to this looks like this

09:35:44 T:9292 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
09:35:44 T:9292 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
09:35:44 T:9292 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
09:35:44 T:9292 NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
09:35:44 T:9292 NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
09:35:44 T:9292 NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
09:35:44 T:9292 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

should I post the entire debug log?

3. I do not know if this is relevant but when I added sources on the QNAP it was /share/Movies/English but on my laptop its smb://ASH-NAS/Movies/English

End Result - Been searching for 3 days to no avail, I just want the "resume" functionality more than anything else

Can someone with experience please help me out?
Did you create the sources.xlm as well? And copy that one on both clients?
^^ That is a misconception and not needed unless you wish to be able to scrape with multiple clients.

@c4etech, That log snippet shows XBMC connecting to your shared database, but then you've cut it. Please pastebin the entire log and post a link (don't post the full log here).

When you say you 'imported' the library, did you mean that you used the 'import' function ? I'm not sure that that is the correct way to do it in this instance. If you exported your library to individual files, you should set your sources (which you appear to have done) and then re-scrape using 'local information only'. This will ensure all the paths are set up correctly in the new db's.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Oke fair point, but why would you want to use a sql database if you don't use multiple clients? Thought that was the only reason to create one. (just wondering)
Thank you for your replies guys, I really appreciate it....

Here's my debug log...
http://pastebin.com/6WYRG9tx

I added the videos from xbmc itself... here's how my sources.xml looks

"<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Movies English</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://ASH-NAS/Movies/English/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://ASH-NAS/TV Shows/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV Shows II</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://ASH-NAS/TV Shows II/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
</music>
<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>
"

The wiki said I need to go to system-settings - videos-import video library to get sync... when I hit import, I get nothing...

again, I am new and have no idea of the theory behind this... just following the tuts as best as I can... so my apologies in advance if I made some basic stupid mistake Smile

If you need more info from me please let me know... will reply within 15 mins (am writing today, so in front of my lappie all day long Smile)

Thanks a lot again
Ash
@Miss_80, I do use multiple clients, but they are nowhere near as powerful as my server, so I only ever scrape with that. Also, my kids cannot mess with the art etc because their machine has no sources.xml, so the only paths it knows are local paths, of which there are none added.

@c4etech, your log shows no information found for your Disney collection, which is why it isn't being added. Are you sure you exported as single files ? If there are no nfo files in those directories, there is nothing for the local scraper to find. In this case, likely if you set to IMDB or the universal movie scraper, you should get content added.

Several rar files are reported as empty or possibly corrupted. You should check the integrity of them. I'm not sure if this is to do with accessing them over smb as the debug log shows rar:// as opposed to smb://

Drake & Josh appears mostly to scan correctly, apart from an episode numbered s04e17-18 This is a special, and as such should be numbered S00E03 (check thetvdb.com for correct season/episode numbering)

HTH a bit
@black_eagle

Thanks a lot for your reply Smile

Its not about the Disney collection or the rar files, I dont mind if it downloads fan art all over again... I just want to be able to see where I left off on the PC and pick up playing it on XBMC on my laptop... any advice on what i should do next?
Once your stuff is scraped in the library, and your advancedsettings.xml is on your laptop and points at the same MySQL server then if you STOP a movie on the pc and click play on it on your laptop, then XBMC will ask you if you want to continue where you left off, or start from the beginning. This happens the other way too, if you stop it on your laptop, the pc will ask.
@black_eagle that's whats not happening here Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Syncing XBMC (MySQL)0