Linux - XBMCbuntu+IPTV simple player

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
taxbak Offline
i have install xbmcbuntu gotham standalone in a pc , how i can enable to work IPTV simple player ?
other pvr addons i can install by sudo apt-get install ........(addon)
but iptv simple player i can't , has anyone any solution ?
thanks
find quote
4scarrs Offline
I am looking for the same thing. Can anyone help?
find quote
taxbak Offline
try sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-simpleiptv or
try sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple, i think after long searching i use it and work
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-18 19:13 by taxbak.)
find quote
4scarrs Offline
It worked thanks!!!
find quote
Swiper the Fox Offline
did it really work , and properly............cause is sure didn't for me
keeps coming up saying pvr add on is not enabled, when it is

does anyone know how to properly get 13.2 ( regular / nightly or unstable ) builds to work with IPTV Simple Client or get any pvr client working for that matter ?

Check out: MattCardle VEVO
find quote
moranshe Offline
Banned
(2014-11-02 04:15)Swiper the Fox Wrote:  did it really work , and properly............cause is sure didn't for me
keeps coming up saying pvr add on is not enabled, when it is

does anyone know how to properly get 13.2 ( regular / nightly or unstable ) builds to work with IPTV Simple Client or get any pvr client working for that matter ?

ME TO !!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-02 09:48 by Ned Scott.)
find quote
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
"sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple" will work as long as you haven't screwed up your apt repositories. After that the addon will most likely be listed under "Disabled addons". The procedure on Ubuntu is the same for all other PVR addons (ie. you need to install them with apt-get).

@Swiper if the addon says it's enabled but you still get that message it probably means the addon is configured incorrectly, post a debug log in that case.
find quote
Swiper the Fox Offline
thanks negge !
I'll give it a try next time..... running OpenElec beta and seems to be running good for now

Check out: MattCardle VEVO
find quote
zyanni Offline
I installed it in linux mint 17 through the package store and was able to enable live TV ( blue button goes on) but can't find it to configure it. I have no "disabled addons" when I look in "all addons". Any other place I can look to find and configure it? Do I need additional packages?
find quote
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
You need to install the addon you want using apt-get. Run "apt-cache search kodi" to see what's available (change "kodi" to "xbmc" if you're using Gotham).
find quote
zyanni Offline
Thanks negge!
I turned on the computer to try that and when I opened Kodi, a popup appeared about no pvr client has been set up. I clicked ok and it took me to the disabled addons list for the first time. (apparently the simple pvr had been installed from the package store). I was then able to enable it. I was then able to configure the urls in the general tab and the channel logos tab with the links provided by Supacharge.diaz in his video. None of them worked , so I went to the xcmcbbts website to get updated ones and it said they were all down. Do you know of any links that work here in the US?
find quote
Fry7 Offline
Donor
Please read this:
Piracy Policy

...therefore you should not expect to get any hints on bootleg urls I guess...

Bye,
Fry
Core i3-2100T/HD2000 | Win7 x64
find quote
zyanni Offline
Thanks Fry7,
Didn't realize that was bootleg url. Still trying to figure out what kodi is about. Are there safe urls that I can use for legal stuff?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
Maybe? The idea behind IPTV Simple is that you have a device or a playlist/URL provided for you for an actual TV subscription. Or you just want to simulate Live TV using various streams/files that you make to your own local playlist file. It's not really something to find free content with.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
zyanni Offline
So It sounds like I should be able to watch my Comcast Cable tv shows and other local over the air television on my computer. Is that correct?
find quote