• 70(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
(2015-02-20, 04:20)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 02:51)Brimstone Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 00:42)Warner306 Wrote: When arguing about ShedNox, you should remember it is based largely on code that was started or written by phil and other members of Team Kodi. I mod things from time to time, but you can't compare the expertise of someone who is tinkering with the skin with someone who wrote it. It's always going to be a poor argument to use someone's mod as leverage to change someone's mind about an entire skin. If you want to change something, you need to be specific about features you want and why. Don't just say ShedNox is better.

Did I say Shednox is better?
Shednox is Aeon Nox - it is simple as that! We can say, it is hacked, wacked or cracked- whatever!!!!
It was developed by Phil and BigNoid. Neither I nor anyone is going to take credit for their work.
The new users may not understand that the features they have come to appreciate are a direct result of the work that the above mentioned individuals have done.
I am very careful when promoting the skin/mods and who receives the credit. I consistently promote the work of the 2 lead developers, Phil65 and BigNoid. I may not appreciate Phil’s negative attitude towards the effort folks are making to improve the skin, but that is a different issue. I am not here to fix someone’s attitude. If Phil wishes to whip people for continuing to use the skin, he can do that, but I will not bow down to anyone.
A little bit of encouragement and respect from a Team Kodi member would go a long way.
To get that straight:
I do not have a negative attitude towards any of the mods out here, in fact it´s a pretty nice compliment how many people want to keep that skin alive, no matter what it takes. The only thing I ask for is to do things in a sane way because often I have to deal with the fallout. (you should see the amount of bug reports I receive because of some mods, then you would understand)
Re-labelling some old version of my script under a different label without even asking me how to fix the problem in the first place is definitively not sane for example. And considering the amount of work I put into some of that stuff I think I am entitled to voice my opinion concerning that, especially if someone asks me. If you´re not happy with it then why tryin to get into some discussion with me? Be happy, use what you want, but dont try to talk about stuff you barely have an idea off.

I respect your comments. If the issue is really with the use of the old script, we will address that Phil - eliminate it from the skin or modify the code to use your new script.
As you know, these things take time. You and BigNoid, in my opinion, created the BEST skin out there, and people want to continue using it; hence, the reason why some folks stepped up and invested a considerable amount of time modifying the code so it is compatible with the latest version of Kodi. It would have been really nice if you took a different approach to addressing your concerns.
(2015-02-20, 05:12)Brimstone Wrote: It would have been really nice if you took a different approach to addressing your concerns.
Next time I will send you a letter with flowers if that helps.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-02-20, 17:14)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 05:12)Brimstone Wrote: It would have been really nice if you took a different approach to addressing your concerns.

RoflLaughBig GrinRoflLaughBig GrinCool
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
(2015-02-19, 12:59)mikebzh44 Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 12:13)mikebzh44 Wrote: Hi Phil.

Did you plan to add Live DVD case background for movieset when browsing library ?
Phil, could you just tell if I need to add this feature on my mod or you will add it ? Because I'm sure you will make a better code than mine Wink

And in includes.xml, you include this file :

Code:
<include file="script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" />

But it's not present anymore in ZIP or on GITHUB, you have remove it ?

Thanks.

sorry, missed that one:
it will probably take some time until I add it, so you can go first if you want it fast Wink (write me a PM if you want advice)
the mentioned include file gets auto-generated by script.skinshortcuts as far as I can remember.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
I will have a look on adding live DVD case for movie set

For xml, you are surely right and I understand why this file is timestamped few days ago and when I search for edit or comment from me, I didn't find anything Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2015-02-20, 17:14)phil65 Wrote:

Do not send me any gifts - please and thanks. I am not into that funny stuff Phil.
Hi,

Seem to be having some issues with the intro Kodi Video.
Not every time, but pretty frequently, it freezes, after the smoke and lazer piece.

Also having a regular crashing once the system has fully booted.

Any known issues?

System has just crashed on the intro screen again, so let me know if you need anything from me?
(2015-02-21, 23:57)richjack2003 Wrote: Hi,

Not every time, but pretty frequently, it freezes, after the smoke and lazer piece.

Any known issues?

System has just crashed on the intro screen again, so let me know if you need anything from me?

debug log (wiki)
(2015-02-16, 05:54)bolter Wrote: Has anyone else noticing a slowdown (sluggishness) of their Winsows PC when viewing either music info or movie info for the first time after starting Kodi? I seem to get this every time kodi is started, but only happens once at the beginning until Kodi is restarted again. This can last anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute. I don't know if it's skin related, but doesn't seem to happen in Confluence skin.

Edit: Bit early to tell, but sluggishness seems to have disappeared after installing 14.2 beta 1 and being able to turn the Webserver function back on without it crashing. All good so far.

Have the same problem, also on Win but on latest nightly. Turning on the webserver does not have an effect on my system. It seems to be the fetching of Youtube videos that causes this since it takes about a minute for the thumbnail to appear and when this is done the sluggishness is gone and everything is back to normal..

Debug log

/Marcus
(2015-02-22, 09:06)macardi Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 05:54)bolter Wrote: Has anyone else noticing a slowdown (sluggishness) of their Winsows PC when viewing either music info or movie info for the first time after starting Kodi? I seem to get this every time kodi is started, but only happens once at the beginning until Kodi is restarted again. This can last anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute. I don't know if it's skin related, but doesn't seem to happen in Confluence skin.

Edit: Bit early to tell, but sluggishness seems to have disappeared after installing 14.2 beta 1 and being able to turn the Webserver function back on without it crashing. All good so far.

Have the same problem, also on Win but on latest nightly. Turning on the webserver does not have an effect on my system. It seems to be the fetching of Youtube videos that causes this since it takes about a minute for the thumbnail to appear and when this is done the sluggishness is gone and everything is back to normal..

Debug log

/Marcus

I too still get the sluggishness, even when I did turn on webserver. I do not get any problems running Confluence or Shednox skins, only when running Phil65 Aeon Nox skin. I am running window 7 and version 14.2beta1 of Kodi. I get the same problem on 2 windows machines.
No I can't say I have. The webserver at the mo is mainly used as a "access" point for kodi yes? So I can't see how this would effect data transfer from nas to pc. Phil65 skin relies on the interwebs a great deal, especilly the vid info.
(2015-02-22, 00:08)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 23:57)richjack2003 Wrote: Hi,

Any known issues?

debug log (wiki)

As per usual, I can't seem to replicate the problem.
As soon as it happens again, I'll post the debug log
(2015-02-22, 09:58)bolter Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 09:06)macardi Wrote:

Debug log

/Marcus

I too still get the sluggishness, even when I did turn on webserver. I do not get any problems running Confluence or Shednox skins, only when running Phil65 Aeon Nox skin. I am running window 7 and version 14.2beta1 of Kodi. I get the same problem on 2 windows machines.

The sluggishness is likely due to the loading of thumbs in the movie info paged. Once cached, the page should load faster. It's benefit/tradeoff decision to use the Movie Database to create dynamic content. When you add a new title to your library, the same process takes place as art is downloaded to your computer. Once cached, it loads pretty quickly.
(2015-02-23, 07:40)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 09:58)bolter Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 09:06)macardi Wrote: Have the same problem, also on Win but on latest nightly. Turning on the webserver does not have an effect on my system. It seems to be the fetching of Youtube videos that causes this since it takes about a minute for the thumbnail to appear and when this is done the sluggishness is gone and everything is back to normal..

Debug log

/Marcus

The sluggishness is likely due to the loading of thumbs in the movie info paged. Once cached, the page should load faster. It's benefit/tradeoff decision to use the Movie Database to create dynamic content. When you add a new title to your library, the same process takes place as art is downloaded to your computer. Once cached, it loads pretty quickly.

I am not 100% convinced on that assumption (But it might be), as it only happens on the very first movie I visit and none of the others. Also it recurs on movies that I have visited before ( I would have thought they would be in cache after visiting at least once?) I have no problem loading thumbs for new movies once I get over the initial sluggishness.

Anyway keep up the good work Phil.
(2015-02-20, 18:27)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 12:59)mikebzh44 Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 12:13)mikebzh44 Wrote: Hi Phil.

Did you plan to add Live DVD case background for movieset when browsing library ?
Phil, could you just tell if I need to add this feature on my mod or you will add it ? Because I'm sure you will make a better code than mine Wink

And in includes.xml, you include this file :

Code:
<include file="script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" />

But it's not present anymore in ZIP or on GITHUB, you have remove it ?

Thanks.

sorry, missed that one:
it will probably take some time until I add it, so you can go first if you want it fast Wink (write me a PM if you want advice)
the mentioned include file gets auto-generated by script.skinshortcuts as far as I can remember.
Phil, you are working too hard, Live DVD cases background is already added for moviesets, you just have to enable it through Background settings in views Wink

Just need to mod your skin.info.service script to add Detail.Movie.?.VideoResolution (I sent you a PR on GITHUB for that but I misspelled propertie, I named it Resolution and not VideoResolution).

Thanks
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11