• 17(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2014-09-04, 08:04)HighStream Wrote: FIX For all other Platforms running Kodi 15 (Isengard)

If you are using a Platform other than windows, you need to update to Kodi 15 (Isengard) and install the files manually.

USAGE

* Download the universal fix.

* Unzip the folder and Copy the 2 xml files from Keymaps to your Kodi userdata (wiki) Keymaps folder.

* The mouse cursor movement should now be disabled and most of the keys should work as expected.

I just tried upgrading to Kodi 15 on Openelec only to find it doesn't support ION chips, however using the legacy build (5.0.8) I was able to get this fix working, so it's not true that you need to upgrade. I put the files in /Userdata/keymaps/

[edit] well I guess you do need Kodi 15 after all. I thought it was working okay after a cursory look but the okay button is hit or miss. I tried living with it but sometimes you have to press it quite a few times before it works, so removed the fix.
I have successfully mapped my TV remote and the air mouse works fine with my Tronsmart Vega S-89 (Android 4.4).

The only thing I can't do is switch the Vega on with the MX3 (I can switch it off with the on/off button). I have mapped the on/off of the remote that came with the S-89 to various keys of the MX3, but still no luck.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
I have to red button, buttom left, mapped as on/off for the remote (and the red button top left as on/off for the tv). Works for me.
If you have tv with cec, I think you can use the top left for tv AND s89 at the same time but not sure because I don't have such a tv.
(2016-02-17, 10:15)WimKl Wrote: I have to red button, buttom left, mapped as on/off for the remote (and the red button top left as on/off for the tv). Works for me.
If you have tv with cec, I think you can use the top left for tv AND s89 at the same time but not sure because I don't have such a tv.

So the top left red on/off button is infrared to turn off TV ?? When I press this button it bring up the shutdown menu on Kodi, I would prefer it to stand by my TV instead!

Also on a different note - does this remote support long press context in Kodi Jarvis 16?? I can't seem to get it to work??
I was able to modify the "default" keymap from openelec, and also keep a "gen.xml" keymap from the Kodi remote mapper app, but I can't remember where I stored the new default keymap in openelec. Does anyone happen to know this?
(2016-02-23, 01:32)AshG Wrote: So the top left red on/off button is infrared to turn off TV ?? When I press this button it bring up the shutdown menu on Kodi, I would prefer it to stand by my TV instead!
I programmed the top left red on/off button to put the tv in standby and I programmed the bottom left red button to bring up the shutdown menu for the s89-H (and then I can push OK twice to shutdown the box).

(2016-02-23, 01:32)AshG Wrote: Also on a different note - does this remote support long press context in Kodi Jarvis 16?? I can't seem to get it to work??
I think long-pressing ok does that in 14.2 already. You can also press the menu button on the top left of the ok button.
(2016-02-23, 07:57)WimKl Wrote: I programmed the top left red on/off button to put the tv in standby and I programmed the bottom left red button to bring up the shutdown menu for the s89-H (and then I can push OK twice to shutdown the box).

Thanks for the reply, so how did you programme the top right on/off button? So it must me an infrared button? I thought it was RF? Or have you managed to do it by CEC? Could you share?

(2016-02-23, 07:57)WimKl Wrote: I think long-pressing ok does that in 14.2 already. You can also press the menu button on the top left of the ok button.

Hmmm I thought long press was a new feature for Jarvis? But anyway, my idea is to use ok long press for context menu, which then frees up the button to the top left of it, I then wanted to see if I could programme this "spare" button so it shows the EPG in live TV ( at the moment I have EPG programmed to one of the colour buttons at the bottom) - however pressing Long Ok sends repeatable OK's? Flipping the remote over to the keyboard and pressing the enter key for a long period works and does bring up the context menu... I'm guessing it's because the remote sends "mouse clicks" instead of "key presses"??
(2016-02-23, 09:27)AshG Wrote: Hmmm I thought long press was a new feature for Jarvis?
I checked and you are wright. I had Jarvis installed for a while so I was confused about that.

(2016-02-23, 09:27)AshG Wrote: my idea is to use ok long press for context menu, which then frees up the button to the top left of it, I then wanted to see if I could programme this "spare" button so it shows the EPG in live TV ( at the moment I have EPG programmed to one of the colour buttons at the bottom) - however pressing Long Ok sends repeatable OK's? Flipping the remote over to the keyboard and pressing the enter key for a long period works and does bring up the context menu... I'm guessing it's because the remote sends "mouse clicks" instead of "key presses"??
Long press doesn't send repeatable ok's as far as I know.
Stupid question maybe, but are you aware that the remote has IR and bluetooth? With the TV button you can switch between them. When the led blinks, you've got the bluetooth functions of the keys working, when the led doesn't blink, the IR is working. The back (keyboard) only works bluetooth, so then you have to have bluetooth enabled, led blinking. You can only program the IR buttons. I think you can "remap" the bluetooth buttons but I personally never did that. I guess that's what the others in this thread are talking about.
ok i didn’t realise that you could switch between IR & RF using the TV key (I presume you mean RF when you mention Bluetooth? e.g plugging in the little dongle?). I've programmed the coloured buttons to IR functions, I’m guessing the other buttons are just sending RF controls....

I was under the impression that the majority of the keys just send RF and the coloured keys just send IR.... I will have to have a further play tonight... i gave up reading the instructions, they didn’t make too much sense to me!
(2016-02-23, 15:26)AshG Wrote: ok i didn’t realise that you could switch between IR & RF using the TV key (I presume you mean RF when you mention Bluetooth? e.g plugging in the little dongle?). I've programmed the coloured buttons to IR functions, I’m guessing the other buttons are just sending RF controls....

I was under the impression that the majority of the keys just send RF and the coloured keys just send IR.... I will have to have a further play tonight... i gave up reading the instructions, they didn’t make too much sense to me!

Sorry, not bluetooth but RF.
Yes, that's how it works. Infrared OR radiofrequency (including keyboard at the back). So (almost??) ALL of the IR buttons on the front can be programmed (with another IR remote), the RF buttons can be remapped (programmatically in android/kodi).

When the led blinks, the buttons function as RF (default of programmed).

Good luck,

Wim
cheers mate, that makes sense.... thanks for your help...
Seems to be a couple of versions of this remote, the only keys that are RF for me are the colour keys at the bottom....

i've pretty much workout each button and mapped it how i want it to be.... my only issues is with the volumUP & VolumeDown, On Windows 10 this controls the OS sound (OSD) and not Kodi's OSD? any idea how to map this so i can control the volume using KodiHuh
(2016-03-17, 01:14)AshG Wrote: Seems to be a couple of versions of this remote, the only keys that are RF for me are the colour keys at the bottom....

i've pretty much workout each button and mapped it how i want it to be.... my only issues is with the volumUP & VolumeDown, On Windows 10 this controls the OS sound (OSD) and not Kodi's OSD? any idea how to map this so i can control the volume using KodiHuh

Hi AshG

The only way i know how to get your volume buttons to work using Kodi's OSD
is to create a Auto hot key script as follows;

VKAE::VK78 ;Replace Volume Down Button with F9
VKAF::VK79 ;Replace Volume Up Button with F10

The above script changes the remote buttons to f9 and f10 these are the keyboard keys kodi uses to adjust the volume
Hey, I have this remote contorl and I used the fix...

it's working good but..

is there a way to make the mouse corsur completely invisble in kodi on andoid?
(2016-02-13, 11:23)jjansen Wrote: I have this remote with the E-button.
I mapped all the keys to work within Kodi (on Raspberry Pi with Raspbian); this works ok.

When I am in the Rapsbian Shell I am able to use the keyboard on the back. No problem at all. When I am in Kodi, for example in the search field, I am not able to use the keyboard to enter text. The numbers on the keyboard seems to act like T9 SMS-style...

Anyone a suggestion how to get this working?
Anyone an idea?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7