• 24(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2016-12-02, 00:04)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 23:57)TAagam Wrote: Hey everyone, im planning to use this remote for openelec on a pc. do you think this remote will work out of the box or will it require additional work?

Thanks

Read earlier posts, this remote has a problem with the mouse pointer switching itself on.

As an alternative buy one of these:-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842

I haven't used mine for openlec on a pc, so can't answer your question.

which remote do you recommend? I just am looking for a cheap solution to control Openelec.
I got the Rii version, out of the box the block air-mouse button turns off the air mouse until it is pressed again as some else mentioned.

I note the ! button sends the launch mail command and causes Windows 10 prompts regarding email , editing the kodi files for it to do other functions does not stop it and it interrupts playback with the same email prompts. Is autohotkey required to stop this or can windows be edited to stop it?
(2016-12-22, 17:52)bilbonvidia Wrote: I got the Rii version, out of the box the block air-mouse button turns off the air mouse until it is pressed again as some else mentioned.

I note the ! button sends the launch mail command and causes Windows 10 prompts regarding email , editing the kodi files for it to do other functions does not stop it and it interrupts playback with the same email prompts. Is autohotkey required to stop this or can windows be edited to stop it?

Hi bilbonvidia,

In your Kodi Keymap file it should change using the key Id "53263"
Awesome that worked thanks! I set it to show info as it nearly looks like an i !

How do you get the key id? showkey does not come up with that code nor the keymap editor. Do you know the zoom in/out , video board, and e (internet) buttons codes are? I see the 4 square button generates an f2 so have mapped that to tv guide for now.

I have to say I am really impressed with this remote so far, the airmouse function works great in windows for the video on demand stuff Kodi cant do natively via an addon.

edit, I confirm I also cannot get it to turn my panasonic tv on or off.

It controls my lg sound bar fine though.
(2016-12-23, 00:47)bilbonvidia Wrote: Awesome that worked thanks! I set it to show info as it nearly looks like an i !

How do you get the key id? showkey does not come up with that code nor the keymap editor. Do you know the zoom in/out , video board, and e (internet) buttons codes are? I see the 4 square button generates an f2 so have mapped that to tv guide for now.

I have to say I am really impressed with this remote so far, the airmouse function works great in windows for the video on demand stuff Kodi cant do natively via an addon.

edit, I confirm I also cannot get it to turn my panasonic tv on or off.

It controls my lg sound bar fine though.

Hi bilbonvidia

The Zoom in, Zoom Out and the E key do not show any recognisable code in Windows

To get key ID? As you probably already have worked out when using keymap editor, any key that is a APP COMMAND key ie Home Button, Mute Key, Vol-, Vol +, >>|, |<<, Play Pause, Envelop "Start Mail", and Video Board "Media Key" will return the same id "61952" therefore if you change this number a lot of weird things happen by pressing any of the above App Command buttons. Please read post #231 by Kalnaplis this explains how to get the APP Command codes for the above keys. Exceptions being Mute, Volume up and Volume Down.

In Short

Home Button - Key ID "53255"
Next Track >>| - Key ID "53259"
Previous Track |<< - Key ID "53260"
Play/Pause - Key ID "53262"
Start Mail (Envelope) - Key ID "53263"
Select Media (Video Board or Clapper Board) - Key ID "53264"

IR not working on Panasonic TV ? (I have copied the below quote from the Event Ghost Website) I have a Panasonic Plasma TV ST65 the remote sends the same signal every time you click the button therefore it can be copied

"Some remotes have a rotation of signals that they send to the device they control. This can cause problems when programming such a device. There may even be some company out there that created a remote with a constantly changing IR signal that is interpreted by an algorithm on the device. The reason for not keeping IR signal constant is to prevent universal remote from doing their job and forcing the user to use the device creators remote."

If you require more functionality, try using in conjunction with Autohotkey.

Hope this helps
Thanks Dasco, I think I have enough buttons to be getting on with now, I find its the pvr functions they come in useful for.

I have come across another downside for me now however, the range on the keyboard seems very bad making it almost useless unless close to the receiver which is odd as the airmouse works through a brick wall in the hallway.

Anyone else noticed this and have any solution?
I believe I do not need the ahk script due to kodi version and remote version but I think it would still come in handy for when the wife and kids forget to stop the air-mouse. The problem I have though is that I used advanced launcher for web based vod such as my5 and all4 which is the reason I got the airmouse, is it possible/easy for the script to me modified to accommodate this?
(2016-12-23, 12:12)bilbonvidia Wrote: Thanks Dasco, I think I have enough buttons to be getting on with now, I find its the pvr functions they come in useful for.

I have come across another downside for me now however, the range on the keyboard seems very bad making it almost useless unless close to the receiver which is odd as the airmouse works through a brick wall in the hallway.

Anyone else noticed this and have any solution?

Plug receiver into a USB 2 Port, some USB 3 ports cause issues. New batteries, i use " Energizer Ultimate Lithium" they are expensive but eliminated a lot of issue that would crop up with keys repeating etc when battery voltages started to drop.

(2016-12-23, 18:48)bilbonvidia Wrote: I believe I do not need the ahk script due to kodi version and remote version but I think it would still come in handy for when the wife and kids forget to stop the air-mouse. The problem I have though is that I used advanced launcher for web based vod such as my5 and all4 which is the reason I got the airmouse, is it possible/easy for the script to me modified to accommodate this?

Not sure i follow completely maybe some questions will clear it up

1. Do you use the "mouse.XML" file from post # 1. The downloaded file (Turns mouse function off while using Kodi)
2. If the above "mouse.XML" file is used, when you launch into my5 or all4 mouse should be active as Kodi is not the focus. When returning to Kodi mouse should deactivate.
Just mouse.xml and appcommand were copied no ahk script but the ok button does not work in kodi when mouse left on which is why i thought i needed the script. But thinking about it i disabled the mouse in kodi settings so may be this.

edit: yes it was that, this may just be wife proof then. Can we get ok to make a gui sound when in mouse mode?

Just trying to migrate her to the kodi pvr function scares me.
I am trying this out on a nvidia shield tv now and the key map files seem to work except the mouse pointer won't disappear.

Did anyone else solve this?
Also the home button takes me to the shield home and i cant get the ! To work.

Are the key codes specific to windows?
I looking. For three manual for the t3 version of this airmouse , please can someone help?
(2017-01-07, 01:56)redkoatz Wrote: I looking. For three manual for the t3 version of this airmouse , please can someone help?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842
Hi,
Can i play motion games with this airmouse on an android phone or on my scishion v88 tv box?
If yes, do i need to do something special to enable this function? I have read somewhere that this function must be supported by the tv box. What exactly is this?
Thank you
How can we remap/costumize this remote for the navigation within SHIELD? It pisses me off that the "return" key is actually a mouse click!
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7