• 7(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2015-04-27, 10:35)calinutz Wrote: @bluenote:
there's no way of being certain you get the right version. Just ask the seller to confirm it works as it is supposed to, and make shure you buy it in from a place that offers money back warranty. Like ebay for instance.

Hey Calinutz

I messaged literally about 20 ebay sellers yesterday (and amazon sellers last week) and answers are either 'no' or silence / "we will check - then silence"

Did you ever get one yourself that did not have the cursor-block-button reset-after-sleep issue? If so would you mind sharing the seller?

thx
@bluenote:

see this post and this post

I'm in uk, so i bought one of them (last one with voice and all buttons IR mappable but mouse block doesn't work as it should) from ebay seller 5astarshop, seller located obviously in uk.
(2015-04-27, 21:02)calinutz Wrote: @bluenote:

see this post and this post

I'm in uk, so i bought one of them (last one with voice and all buttons IR mappable but mouse block doesn't work as it should) from ebay seller 5astarshop, seller located obviously in uk.

Thanks. Sorry if this seems dense, I want to confirm - it sounds like you have not received any remotes with the proper functioning cursor-block-button that holds its mode properly after remote goes to sleep. Is this correct?

It's fine for me, but I am buying a couple remotes for other people and they will never be able to live with the forget-cursor-state issue.
Sad 
(2015-04-27, 18:17)calinutz Wrote: @Silent_Thorin:

You did pair the remote and the USB receiver. Right ?

If you did,
It might be an issue with the USB receiver, or maybe something in the OS.
When it doesn't work anymore, try pulling the USB receiver out and than puting it back in. Does it work again for a while ?

I did it all.
Sometimes when I pull out the receiver it works instantly, but more often is the other way around (dead for hours).
I even tried to put in USB hub and that also can do the trick for a few hours, but everything fails at the end.
Also I didn’t mention that sometimes even the mouse don’t work (when I totally freak out and connect the mouse instead of remote)... So generally I think you are right, there is definitely something wrong with the OS...
@bluenote:
you are right. none of them work as it should, regarding the cursor block state. but I'm pretty happy with the remote as it is, since I'm running kodi/xbmc on a win machine, and the piece of software I've written solves my bock cursor problem.
as I've already said, there's no difference between the remotes, they all look identical. just ask the seller if it works as it should or not, and most of all make sure you can return it and get your money back if you're not happy with it.

@silent_thorin:
it might be something about the way the OS (you said android box if i recall well), manages the USB ports. Does anything else connected to a USB port behave in the same way (USB drive for example). If everything else works ok when connected to the same USB port, it might be the remote's receiver. If so, send it back for a replacement. If other USB devices also stop working after a while, it might be some wrong settings in the OS, so try tackling the settings. If that doesn't help, it might as well be the USB port itself (the machine's motherboard).
@calinutz
Thank you, you are very helpfull. I will try with settings, if that doesnt help I will open it and replace the USB port. It was cheap so I can play with it Smile
how can i remap the home and menu button ?
no luck with changing kebyoard.xml or remote.xml
thanks
p.s
running Openelec
Well, in Kodi 15.0 the remote works perfectly indeed!
But I have one concern: is not remote eats more batteries while in "mouse mode"? It has to transfer every mouse position then..Huh
moog, try "Keymap Editor" add-on
Does Kodi 15 fix the issue of the cursor-block button, in the sense of , either you have to keep hitting that button, OR you have to hold the remote super still because your selection will change? I guess I am still not understanding because the way I imagine this is it's still not very useable - even if it takes the clicks with the remote in mouse mode now, the selection will still be moving all over the place won't it?
It won't. mouse.xml from the end of this ticket: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15670 will do the trickWink You won't even realize that the remote in the "mouse mode" Smile
(2015-05-06, 02:03)bam80 Wrote: It won't. mouse.xml from the end of this ticket: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15670 will do the trickWink You won't even realize that the remote in the "mouse mode" Smile

Sweeet. thanks for the pointer. Now I'm just crossing my fingers for a release of Isengard soon Smile
hello,

I just bought this remote control , menu buttons, and back home do not work, to display the menu I must return the remote and click backspace .

How to configure the buttons?
re -mapping

PS: I am under OSMC

Thank you in advance
@bluma,
in Kodi 15 it's better always keep the remote in "air mouse" mode, so to use it as normal remote, edit mouse.xml as here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_controls/RF..._mouse.xml (it fits for our remote also)
"Enable mouse and touch screen support" should be "On" in http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Input_devices
For easy buttons remapping, use http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Thank you so much for keymap editor, it works for some key except the buttons "home" and "return"

When I support nothing happens to these two buttons only.
I am trying to know the ID of the key but I can not find it!

No. Anyone know?
(For example, the menu button, the No. 61654)

I tried to put a number after unsuccessfully.

Is there the possibility of having a log somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

PS: I use OSMC on Raspberry pi2
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7