• 9(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2015-06-20, 12:37)robinthart Wrote: Does this also work for open elec? And what does the fix mean?

You should update to Kodi 15 Isengard where the mouse sleep problem is fixed but you still need to change some settings.

Download the fix and transfer the xml files from Keymaps to your userdata (wiki) keymaps folder manually.

Mouse move will be disabled and most of the keys should work as expected.

First post updated.
Isnt there an easier fix. I have no idea how to transfer the xml file to my user data.

Thank you
Hi,

Works fine on my windows machine but any idea how we can implement it on OpenELEC?
need the mouse button disabled

thanks
(2015-06-21, 13:53)robinthart Wrote: Isnt there an easier fix. I have no idea how to transfer the xml file to my user data.
Its not too difficult. Just copy them into the correct folder. In your case for OpenELEC: /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps
(2015-06-21, 15:56)dolla Wrote: Works fine on my windows machine but any idea how we can implement it on OpenELEC?
There are ways, but updating to Kodi 15 Isengard is the easiest as no additional software is needed.
I would like to thank Highstream for his contribution, it helped me get my script to the way I like it, over the past month on learning Auto Hot Key.
As well as BlueFootBall's Script that started me off, in use with my old media remote.

(2014-09-04, 08:04)HighStream Wrote: Image

* This remote can be bought from EBay (between £12 - £20)

FIX For Windows 32/64bit running XBMC or Kodi (All Versions)

* I found this remote to have issues when using the air mouse to navigate, so the best way to use it is with Mouse Move disabled and navigate with the Direction 'D' Pad instead. This is done using AutoHotKey and a batch file.

Instructions [ LARGE ]:

These are my mappings of my MX3-M remote for Windows 7

In Blue are the Default Windows Function of each key
In Red are my Labels for each key.
In Black are the remote events sent by each button; where applicable.

Kodi Key Remaps;

Zoom Out = Next Subtitle (L)
Zoom In = Next Audio Source (Control+Shift+Alt+B)
Search = Media Info (F3 = I)
Appskey = Home
Right Mouse = Back
Voice ( IE Icon on my remote) = Take Screenshot

Fast Forward, Rewind, Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute: are all constants that can't and don't need to be changed [Default]
I couldn't figure a way to disable the Browser_Home key from opening an internet browser, if anyone knows, be sure to tell me. [Default]
The Videos Button opens my Pictures. [Default]

The Delete Key and Exclamation box key are the only ones that seem to have no key press.

If you press PC Power, your computer will turn off. [Default]

Function Keys

The Red Function Key has been bound to start screen saver / turn off monitor.
The Green Function Key scrolls through your set Bluray Region A, B, or C for users of Total Media Theater or Power DVD, using a 3rd party software,
BD Region Tray Tool
The Yellow Function Key hasn't been bound.
The Blue Function Key Starts/Stops the script that binds the keys according to which program is currently open, as well as Blocking mouse-move Input.

For anyone interested in using the remote in conjunction with Arcsoft's Total Media Theater, here are my keymaps for that.
Zoom Out = Next Subtitle (S)
Zoom In = Next Audio Source (L)
Search = Full screen / Normal Window (F3 = Z)
AppsKey = Disc Menu (Control + M)
All regular Media Keys Function fine.

Downloads:
CrazySD MX3-M KODI TMT6
Thank you SO MUCH! Big Grin
(2015-07-04, 12:37)CrazySD Wrote: I would like to thank Highstream for his contribution, it helped me get my script to the way I like it, over the past month on learning Auto Hot Key.
As well as BlueFootBall's Script that started me off, in use with my old media remote.

(2014-09-04, 08:04)HighStream Wrote: Image

* This remote can be bought from EBay (between £12 - £20)

FIX For Windows 32/64bit running XBMC or Kodi (All Versions)

* I found this remote to have issues when using the air mouse to navigate, so the best way to use it is with Mouse Move disabled and navigate with the Direction 'D' Pad instead. This is done using AutoHotKey and a batch file.

Instructions [ LARGE ]:

These are my mappings of my MX3-M remote for Windows 7

In Blue are the Default Windows Function of each key
In Red are my Labels for each key.
In Black are the remote events sent by each button; where applicable.

Kodi Key Remaps;

Zoom Out = Next Subtitle (L)
Zoom In = Next Audio Source (Control+Shift+Alt+B)
Search = Media Info (F3 = I)
Appskey = Home
Right Mouse = Back
Voice ( IE Icon on my remote) = Take Screenshot

Fast Forward, Rewind, Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute: are all constants that can't and don't need to be changed [Default]
I couldn't figure a way to disable the Browser_Home key from opening an internet browser, if anyone knows, be sure to tell me. [Default]
The Videos Button opens my Pictures. [Default]

The Delete Key and Exclamation box key are the only ones that seem to have no key press.

If you press PC Power, your computer will turn off. [Default]

Function Keys

The Red Function Key has been bound to start screen saver / turn off monitor.
The Green Function Key scrolls through your set Bluray Region A, B, or C for users of Total Media Theater or Power DVD, using a 3rd party software,
BD Region Tray Tool
The Yellow Function Key hasn't been bound.
The Blue Function Key Starts/Stops the script that binds the keys according to which program is currently open, as well as Blocking mouse-move Input.

For anyone interested in using the remote in conjunction with Arcsoft's Total Media Theater, here are my keymaps for that.
Zoom Out = Next Subtitle (S)
Zoom In = Next Audio Source (L)
Search = Full screen / Normal Window (F3 = Z)
AppsKey = Disc Menu (Control + M)
All regular Media Keys Function fine.

Downloads:
CrazySD MX3-M KODI TMT6

Maybe this is a possible solution:
insert a xml file inside keymaps under userdatas:

<keymap>
<global>
<appcommand>
<browser_back>Back</browser_back>
<browser_forward/>
<browser_refresh/>
<browser_stop>Stop</browser_stop>
<browser_search>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_search>
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>
<browser_home>ActivateWindow(Home)</browser_home>
<browser_forward/>
<browser_refresh/>
<browser_back>Back</browser_back>
<browser_stop>Stop</browser_stop>
<browser_search>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_search>
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>
<volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
<next_track>Stop</next_track>
<prev_track>CodecInfo</prev_track>
<stop>Stop</stop>
<play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
<launch_mail/>
<launch_media_select>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</launch_media_select>
<launch_app1>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</launch_app1>
<launch_app2>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</launch_app2>
<play>Play</play>
<pause>Pause</pause>
<fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
<rewind>Rewind</rewind>
<channelup>PageUp</channelup>
<channeldown>PageDown</channeldown>
</appcommand>
</global>
</keymap>
Hi,

I've received this remote today and I'm using it on RPI2 with latest openelec. (5.95.3 Kodi Isengard)
I've copied the 2 files from keymaps folder in the archive file to my local RPI keymaps folder but still the air mouse keeps working as usual.
I turn it off and it is back again after 20-30 seconds.
I don't know what am I missing.

try resets and re-copying the files - nothing works.

Any help will be much appreciated.
thanks.
(2015-07-22, 18:54)deran Wrote: Hi,

I've received this remote today and I'm using it on RPI2 with latest openelec. (5.95.3 Kodi Isengard)
I've copied the 2 files from keymaps folder in the archive file to my local RPI keymaps folder but still the air mouse keeps working as usual.
I turn it off and it is back again after 20-30 seconds.
I don't know what am I missing.

try resets and re-copying the files - nothing works.

Any help will be much appreciated.
thanks.
The USB receiver that comes with this - is it strictly for RF mode? Or will it function as an IR receiver? If I buy this remote, it would be strictly for the purpose of teaching a learning universal remote. (Obviously, this would be 100% infrared mode.) If this won't do that - and I have to buy a Flirc anyway, I'll just buy a different remote. Thanks!
Information 
First off, 9 pages and no one has commented on this from the OP image?!
Quote:2) After the flying squirrel and a TV remote control have been infrared transmitter aligned, press the POWER button of the TV control, then the LED of the air mouse will light, indicating that the air mouse has receive the code value that from TV remote control.
Rofl

Secondly, I think the issue is being made more complicated than need-be, and it is getting mixed up with another issue. Ignoring the failure to register a click while the cursor is even slightly in motion, the issue is that it is not possible to permanently disable the air mouse while in Kodi. Because the "OK" button is shared with the mouse left-click, selecting the highlighted item when using the directional pad will fail, instead clicking on whatever is below the mouse cursor. Moving the remote also causes other issues when the cursor is activated. For example, anytime the remote is used when viewing, the air mouse moves, causing the full play bar and set of buttons to display onscreen, the highlighted button flickering erratically as the mouse moves. The mouse can also interfere with FF/RW using the remote keys.

Like most of you, I first tried pressing the cursor lock button to turn off the air mouse. This works temporarily, but as soon as the remote goes to sleep in 30 seconds, it will reactivate the cursor upon wake. Supposedly, a long 2 second press of the cursor lock should prolong the function, but this did not work for me. I am already running Kodi 15.0. My remote is the one with the mic hole, but no mic, and a blue Internet Explorer key instead of the microphone.

Here is the fix I used:
Create a mouse.xml file in the following folder:
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

And fill it with the below text:
<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<middleclick>noop</middleclick>
<doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
<wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>noop</wheelup>
<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousemove>noop</mousemove>
<mousedragend>Select</mousedragend>
<mouserdragend>Back</mouserdragend>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>

This will prevent the mouse cursor from interfering with Kodi. The pointer arrow is still visible, but it will not click on anything. I will have to see what I can do to hide the arrow as well.
I've got this airmouse, and successfully connecting to my wetek play running openelec on latest kodi 15.2 isengard.
But why some buttons like [ ! ] , media player (video), IE button, zoom in, zoom out not working even after pressing it several times? I want to configure those button to some function on kodi.
Please guide me on how to do it..
I've tried ssh to openelec, and type dmesg -c everytime i press those buttons, but none keycode appear on console.

EDIT : I already copied 2 files from 1st pages into kodi userdata keymaps folder, and the mouse pointer already disable. but as the authors mention, [ ! ] button working to restart kodi, but why i press [ ! ] button didn't efect ?
Those buttons which are not working, when i press it, the led on RCU light on. then i think those button actually working but not detected to kodi. i never tried to put the dongle to pc and try to detect the keycode using windows software.
So I jumped through all the hurdles, and ended up getting everything workingish. Noticed something weird though.

Before updating to Isengard, I obviously had the issue of having to hold the mouse perfectly still to click on anything, but the mouse pointer was not visible.

After updating to Isengard, all of the buttons now work beautifully no matter what the mouse is doing, but now the cursor is on the screen and moving in typical airmouse fashion, but doesn't interact with anything. This isn't a huge deal, but more of a slight annoyance. Just wondering if anybody is aware of a fix for this yet? Holding down the 'mouse disable' button on the remote does make the cursor go away, but then comes back 30 or so seconds later.

Also, there's an issue with this forums sign-up page. To test if you're human, it asks you "Does ice float or sink?". I tried the answer "It depends what medium you put it in", but this answer came up as incorrect. I then tried "float", which it incorrectly accepted, as there are many liquids that ice is more dense than, and would therefore sink. Just wanted to point it out as I was talking with a non-human the other day, and it was going on and on about how ice always floats.

Beyond that, thanks to everyone in this forum for all of your posts. Without them, I wouldn't have gotten to the point I am now Smile
Hi guys,
is it typical for this remote that if it in sleep mode, the first press on any button just wakes it up and doesn't passed to the host, so I need to press it twice?
It's rather annoying. Maybe I've got bad exemplar?
I have the remote with the e-button. I was wondering how to get the volume up and down buttons, fast forward, rewind and other buttons to work. I have a windows 7 pc with kodi 15.1. I like the mouse function but I can't get the other buttons working properly other than the "OK" button.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7