XBMC/Kodi causes DWM to use 100% of 1 CPU core
Windows 8.1 x64 fully patched
7850 w/ latest Catalyst (stable, tested latest beta drivers but it did zero difference)
12Gb DDR3-1600
i7 920, 8 [email protected]
Generic Realtek HD soundcard
XBMC 13.2, no addons, no skins, pure vanilla (Tested 14.0 Helix as well, same thing)

Symptom: If I play a video DWM (Desktop Window Manager) goes back to using 0-0.1% of 1 CPU core, if I stop playback or just sit in a menu DWM instantly goes nanners and starts building towards maxing a CPU core, I was even able to play around with it by stopping/starting playback.

All other video players or OpenGL/DX renderers causes no such things, no issues otherwise at all.

Changing rendering method or acceleration does nothing.

Here's a log from when I had 14.0A3 installed

And of course, finally, a log file: https://paste.ee/p/Ml8ta#9JW89oTao9Z8utW...2BoNi3Tq0m
Catalyst issue - it has problems to do correct vsync - don't use it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just uninstall Catalyst? Do you mean the driver or CCC? Because it's hard to live without graphics drivers.

EDIT: You might mean disable vsync in CCC, I'll try that and report back.
EDIT2: forcing all vsync off in CCC and rebooting did nothing to curb the problem.
Disabling vsync in XBMC only seemed to piss it off even further, the speed which it took to max a CPU core went from somewhat slow to instant 100% usage.

You're on to something, but I don't know what.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC/Kodi causes DWM to use 100% of 1 CPU core0