[REQ]Keiichi Anime Forever
http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/anime.../index.htm

this site has a lot of anime episodes that are hosted through youtube. i was wondering if someone could make a variant of the youtube script to get this. or at least point me in the right direction, so that i could do this myself. i don't know python but i can do a little c++, php, and can decode and edit java...
In your mommas bed. That's called stealing moron.
Tecnically, yes. But from looking at the link this falls into one of those grey areas, at least for those downloading outside of the show's home market. When I hit the URL it came back with what was basically a 404 page. (not surprising since the initial post is 6 months old) Backed up to the host URL and right on the front page the have a listing of AnimeSuki releases available on BitTorrent. These are releases that are not yet in US distribution, depending on who was cap'ing them initially they may be right off TV and not under *any* distribution. The source is then subtitled by a group of people whose goal is to provide english speakers with the most current anime available. While I don't have any statistics (and I'm not sure any exist) the general vibe is that the over industry overlooks this practice (termed "fansubbing") and many of the people who download turn around and purchase the licenced US release when available. This also can be used by houses that pick up the licences to determine what's hot, and also promotes a faster turnaround from Japan to the US. While not everyone who downloads makes the honest purchase it is typically believed that the majority of those who download and don't buy wouldn't have bought it anyway. IIRC AnimeSuki is a responsible group and will stop their distribution and work on new releases if requested by the owners. The unfortunate thing is that titles they've already released can remain in the wild outside of their control.

Things have changed a lot since the 15-20 years ago when you mght be able to get a 8th generation VHS copy of an anime and a paper script translation to read along with it. Distribution is easier and there is much more licenced product hitting the different world markets. This has brought it closer to the pure stealing definition and under more scrutiny. You can usually find a panel at most anime cons discussing what is going on and the legalities (or lack thereof) in releasing or downloading this material. It is still only loosely enforced by the owners and used as a tool for the industry.

Piracy is bad and shouldn't be tolerated. But from what I can see of this request (the mentioned YouTube portion missing, probably for legal concerns) this isn't the standard definition. It certianly is different from taking a released DVD, ripping an ISO or other resampling and putting it out on the internet.

For what it's worth. I should have spent this time that I couldn't sleep testing out the scripts in my queue...

-Whoopin'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQ]Keiichi Anime Forever0