• 23(current)
fire tv stick
To act as wifi spot
(2016-05-06, 04:44)dapapers1 Wrote: To act as wifi spot

Why? The only way the fire tv stick gets Internet is through wifi. If the fire stick is getting wifi, why do you need to broadcast another wifi network right there? Can't the devices connect to the same wifi network the fire stick is connected to?
(2016-05-06, 04:50)aptalca Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 04:44)dapapers1 Wrote: To act as wifi spot

Why? The only way the fire tv stick gets Internet is through wifi. If the fire stick is getting wifi, why do you need to broadcast another wifi network right there? Can't the devices connect to the same wifi network the fire stick is connected to?

No - there are some applications where your "Internet" wifi connection is limited to a single (or limited number of) device(s) (very common with Hotels, but also with 3G/LTE WiFi hotspots and phones etc.) In those situations being able to create a secondary WiFi hotspot can be very useful. (I have a small portable Dovado TinyAC router that does just this - though many hotels use additional MAC registration these days)
Try something like this for taking a wired connection and making it so 5 devices can connect

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Versatile...B00T5XQE3U

Works perfectly in hotels and the like if they give you a single ethernet port. It can also connect straight to the wifi network as a single device and then broadcast its own wifi network for your devices so you can have a single device connected to their wifi connection then have up to 5 devices connected to your own wifi connection.
I'm using this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADHPP6Y

At $18 it is a great deal. It can take either the wired or a single wireless connection and broadcast it on a different wifi network.

I doubt the fire stick can be made to work as a wifi to wifi bridge (wisp mode).
I like the ravpower RP-WD03 because I can plug in either a SD Card or HDD and have access to my files on my mobile devices like videos and documents.without taking up space on my limited internal space like the kindle which doesn't have an sd slot. The 6000mAh also helps as well
(2016-04-05, 12:59)Rob8647 Wrote: Got firestick up and running no problem, using es file Explorer, managed to download and install kodi ok but haveing problems downloading anything else such as firestarter using es file Explorer, downloads won't start, am I missing something?
I had the same problem with both firestarter and the most recent Jarvis update. It seems to be related to ES not being hot with pop-up windows. Some genius on /reddit came up with the following:

Once you've clicked on whatever link you're trying to use, and nothing has apparently happened, scroll down to the very bottom of the screen, and select the options icon at bottom right. Then choose to view the page in a browser. At that point, if you're lucky, you should find that your download will automagically spring into life.

Worked for me for Jarvis; haven't gone back and tried it on firestarter yet.
I ended downloading the file to my phone a transferring it across using es Explorer

Sent from my E6653
I followed this article and it is working fine for me,, I tried on my Fire Stick [link removed]
Don't link to sites that promote piracy add-ons please.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Actually @boxmy is was not circumventing anything Copyright or DRM - you still have to Signup and Pay to access these Legitimate Legal DRM streaming services when using a VPN or Smart DNS service.

Those of us outside the USA do it all the time - and even region hop to bypass Geo-restrictions.
Nothing illegal about it - all you are doing is breaching the (one sided) term and conditions of the company providing the streaming service. At most its a civil matter, not criminal.

Heck, where I live even the Prime Minister of the country does not have any issues with such VPN's and Smart DNS services.
And this bloke has two Law degrees, one from Oxford.

just got one of these for a bedroom, how to i make kodi show up on the main screen? i keep reading this wasnt an issue anymore.. but it seems to be for me still, ive uninstalled/reinstalled, logged in and out of amazon, removed the legacy "kodi" app from the amazon marketplace purchases.. im stuck.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2017-05-30, 18:34)dukester Wrote: just got one of these for a bedroom, how to i make kodi show up on the main screen? i keep reading this wasnt an issue anymore.. but it seems to be for me still, ive uninstalled/reinstalled, logged in and out of amazon, removed the legacy "kodi" app from the amazon marketplace purchases.. im stuck.

If you run Kodi from the all apps section, it should then show up at the top of your Recent Apps section on the main screen.
If I get a fire TV stick and enable parental controls, can it be locked down to limit all apps except Kodi?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Hi guys, my friend recently gave me his TV stick to set up but it won't turn on, only show a black screen. All suggestions welcome Smile)
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire tv stick1