• 61(current)
v21 fTV
(2015-05-27, 22:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 01:12)Warner306 Wrote: Another request: Add some type of flag to videos in "Similar Titles" to denote the video is in your library. If I click an item in my library, it plays. Others bring up DialogVideoInfo. This can be annoying if I don't know the video is in my library. A flag similar to the watched flag would be great, so you can see the titles in your library at a glance.

Bump for a response.

Added to the list.
Hitcher

Haven't read the thread for past few days, updated to v0.9.96. Is the design decision to change to displaying fanart for movie and tv shows a permanent one?

I've just completed creating custom widescreen images (640x480) for all my tv shows but they're not displaying now.

If this is the case, I'll roll back to the previous release. If you could point me in the right direction to how to resolve the issue where the same logo image was overlaid on all the tv show posters from the home menu then I'm satisfied as I find the skin perfect for my needs.

It's a shame when the skinner has to start deviating from his original vision as that is what attracted people to the skin in the first place.
(2015-05-27, 22:55)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hitcher
It's a shame when the skinner has to start deviating from his original vision as that is what attracted people to the skin in the first place.

That's quite an assumption you made there, without really checking for an answer, or at the very least waiting for a response to your own question Wink

The option is still there, it's just not there by default. You have to change it in View Options. See #899. You can read the posts around it to find out why this compromise had to be made.
(2015-05-27, 19:31)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 13:06)eskay993 Wrote: @Hitcher:

I completely agree with your decision (and reluctance) to change this behaviour, but is it possible to set default views for the main sections in the library? Just thinking of new users and how this would look odd to them at first. Experienced users as well, as it took me a while to figure it out Smile

On a related note, because all views are defaulting to Episode view (at least I think that's what happening), Favourites section does not have any icons and doesn't have a View Options button to change it.

Apologies if this is all known and we shouldn't really be feedbacking on bleeding edge releases yet Smile
That's the problem - working out what is your actual content and what is from an addon!

Before I had them set to based on content -- movies/tvshows/seasons=posters, episodes=landscape, rest=square -- but this doesn't work for addons where the movies might actually be providing square images. It's a nightmare!

That makes sense. I guess really my question is whether or not it has to be an either/or choice? For example, could you have it based on content like it was previously (movies/tvshows/seasons=posters, episodes=landscape, rest=square), but also have the extra option under View Options to change it if you need to, say for a specific addon? Not sure if this is possible technically, but if so would be the best of both worlds.
(2015-05-27, 23:23)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 22:55)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hitcher

That's quite an assumption you made there, without really checking for an answer, or at the very least waiting for a response to your own question Wink

The option is still there, it's just not there by default. You have to change it in View Options. See #899. You can read the posts around it to find out why this compromise had to be made.

Thanks for that and you're right it was a big assumption on my part and humble apologies to Hitcher
This Skin is looking realy amazing. On the FireTV itself its hard to recognize, whats the real thing Wink

But I've encountered a little problem, which I couldn't find in the thread: In the row for season or movies all covers are missing. Am I missing a setting, where I could activate the covers for the first start page? When I click on the area for e.g. movies, the covers and all the movies are listed correctly.

It'd be nice, if someone could drop me a small hint Smile

Thank you very much!
Hey,

i checked out the skin yesterday and i have to say it is really amazing.

I just have a feature Request Smile
Can you make it working with plexbmc plugin? Like the Amber Skin? That would be the topic on the cupcake Wink

Regards
(2015-05-29, 06:40)bjero Wrote: Hey,

Can you make it working with plexbmc plugin? Like the Amber Skin? That would be the topic on the cupcake Wink

Regards

+1 plexbmc & this skin would be incredibly powerful!
Great idea!!!
+1

Regards

I think this can be achieved using the built in skin setting for customising the home screen. Just go into PleXBMC and save to Favourites all the sections you want (recently added etc), then add them as widgets in Skin Settings.

For Movies for example, make sure to select "Choose Content" and then select Movies from "Common". Then go down to Widgets and change them to the favourites you saved.

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.
(2015-05-28, 20:53)psuch Wrote: This Skin is looking realy amazing. On the FireTV itself its hard to recognize, whats the real thing Wink

But I've encountered a little problem, which I couldn't find in the thread: In the row for season or movies all covers are missing. Am I missing a setting, where I could activate the covers for the first start page? When I click on the area for e.g. movies, the covers and all the movies are listed correctly.

It'd be nice, if someone could drop me a small hint Smile

Thank you very much!

Did you set the widgets in skin settings? By default, no widgets are selected and you only get the section heading on the left. There is a video in the first post that shows how to do this.
(2015-05-29, 10:59)eskay993 Wrote:

Regards

I think this can be achieved using the built in skin setting for customising the home screen. Just go into PleXBMC and save to Favourites all the sections you want (recently added etc), then add them as widgets in Skin Settings.

For Movies for example, make sure to select "Choose Content" and then select Movies from "Common". Then go down to Widgets and change them to the favourites you saved.

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Thanks for hint, i will try this and will give feedback
Great work on a skin mate!

I can only image what you have gone through to make it work, considering current skin engine possibilities. Oh, and good luck pushing through all this feature requests. I had a hard time with that when Quartz was released but it must be harder nowadays with all widgets, custom items, shortcuts, playlists, scripts and add-ons support.
Information 
@Hitcher I've spotted this short article with a nice video about your skin on one of our favorite German IT news website

http://www.golem.de/news/ftv-skin-fuer-k...14291.html Smile
@Hitcher - I modified the fonts.xml file to add Arial and if you ever needed it, here it is http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9StTDb38 Overall, it does the job displaying the unicode characters, I do notice a few quirks here and there such as the title of a movie and the summary doesn't line up exactly.

I have a question based on an observation though: I noticed a couple of my add-ons where the videos are based on several small clips, the video player status bar on the bottom would never go away therefore blocking the bottom of the screen. What's the condition of the video before it goes away in your design?

(2015-05-26, 19:24)springroll Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 19:07)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 19:02)springroll Wrote: Thanks for the quick response, as always, Hitcher!

I started reading up more on the topic and stumbled upon on a discussion on unicode display for Zephyr which you participated in.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220364
And I noticed the author of the skin did something to address it.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...baeea7f8dd

Do you foresee you making similar changes to this skin's Font.xml?
Probably not as this skin using Light, Regular, Medium, and Bold font weights whereas with Arial I can only use Regular and Bold.

As you suggested, I will change all the fonts referred in Font.xml to Arial and see how it looks to me so all my non-Roman add-ons and movies/shows can show up properly. I understand and respect your decisions, and would love for you to revisit this at some point down the road. Keep up the good work!
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42