Nexus 9 xbmc
Crashed on virgin run for me too but there was a kodi log file as below

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=342497
Note the above log is on 2nd run of kodi, ie. After it has already crashed. On a completely new run the log is below.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=342534
Oh, so it does start. Might be an Android 5.0 related issue...
ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database in both logs. Maybe it breaks on initial DB creation? Or some sqlite issue?
Yep.
@nospamjl Do you see something in "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Database" ?

(2014-11-06, 10:56)djarben Wrote: I thought it was just me , it is strange because on my nexus 5 it works fine but maybe because I'm running dev edition android l and 32bit CPU, thank you all who put an effort to fix this

The reason it worked for earlier I think because I had a custom build from avstream and it loaded all fine, just built in player add-on didn't update databases, after I removed all and done a fresh install it failed to boot this time . on my custom build I had custom skin and maybe it as that as well the skin is not compatible with nexus 9 screen
I just copied across a kodi.xbmc.org from an existing install from my arm7 one plus one and kodi started! I was able to play asddons including 720p including the builtin youtube so yes I think its an initialisation problem. Sorry I don't have raw files here.

I'll do your test now noting once I wipe the above. Will Gert back to you soon.

After a crashed 1st run there is a Database folder with two files

A CDDB folder
A 4k Addons16.db file

Hth

(2014-11-06, 20:41)Koying Wrote: Yep.
@nospamjl Do you see something in "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Database" ?
Cool Smile At least, we don't have to create a specific arch.

Please try again with your copied data and check if changes you do are saved. Might be that we cannot write for some reason
Any particular changes thanks?

I stopped and restarted with skin and new asddon and they were preserved on the nexus 9.

(2014-11-06, 21:12)Koying Wrote: Cool Smile At least, we don't have to create a specific arch.

Please try again with your copied data and check if changes you do are saved. Might be that we cannot write for some reason
Anything, really. Just change a parameter and check it's been correctly saved between sessions.
Yup, changes to skin appearance and asddons details are preserved between nexus 9 sessions.

Menus/fonts look weird in 4:3 layout but I guess that's the screen being so. Will have to try out different settings.

(A lot of addons don't work but I guess that's because of using their latest kodi and the respective authors problems

--

There is a problem with some reasdonly databases eg.I see a lot of

Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: attempt to write a readonly database!)

Also as well as org.kodi.xbmc having a files folder there is created a files.nv (nvidia?) Folder With nothing in it which I suspect is the source of write errors??
plz try adding something to the library as well
Hi

Adding local files to videos works OK. I don't have a lot of files to test but the ones I do work.

I still think there's a database read only problem as the behaviour of the same build is different on my phone and tablet in terms of initial install/addon errors and the mysterious files.nv folder

Signing off for tonight. Thanks all.
So the best thing i can do is install XBMC on my telephone? And then put that map on my Nexus?
Thank you
At best that will give you a partial working version which indicates the graphics codecs are probably compatible with the nexus 9.

When it crashes or breaks with error is during database writes.

However most functionality especially addons, etc. Will be broken.

I think is will have to wait until a nexus 9 is in hands of developers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 9 xbmc0