Issue with Helix Beta 2 on OSX writing to file
I am having some issues writing to files specifically on OSX (64) with Helix Beta 2 that were not present in Gotham 13.2. This issue is not present with Helix Beta 2 on windows or Android.
Code:
    fn = xbmc.translatePath(r'special://masterprofile/addon_data/service.ipcdatastore/test.log')
    with open(fn, 'a+'):

The first time through when the file does not exist, I have no problem writing to the file. But once I am truly appending, if fails with file permission error (this also fails using file mode 'a', BTW). I have tried setting the file permissions with chmod and that also fails with a permission error. Inspecting it from Finder shows the containing folder now has 'custom' permissions with which I cannot open the folder. If I reset them to RW / RO / RO, I can then open the folder. The permissions on the file 'test.log' show as unknown. I am not that familiar with OSX atm to delve deeper into what the 'custom' permissions might actually mean...

So I guess the question is: when opening and writing to file in Helix Beta 2 on OSX, who is the owner and what permissions are set? Currently I seem unable to reopen any file I have created and have no access to the permissions to change them from within Kodi's python interpreter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with Helix Beta 2 on OSX writing to file0