Best Media Organizer
Got you...

Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
TV Show ripping is a pain, there needs to be a database of information on DVDs and how the episodes are placed on them or at least tvdb could start having the video run time so that it could be guessed a little easier.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
Yep but that info could be different in different markets and also different timing between pal and ntsc versions. It does get annoying and spoilerish to have to watch the dvd to see which episode is what.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
People use Handbrake?

* Piers cries
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-11-21, 23:14)Piers Wrote: People use Handbrake?

* Piers cries

Que?
Is there a reason why you guys don't use Sonarr (formerly NZBDrone) or SickBeard for this?

They will both rename and move your TV Shows automatically to their proper locations...

Unless i am not understanding what you mean by Media Organizer...

And when you say duplicates, duplicates of what? I can only think of duplicates for Music files but that is easily remedied with dupeGuru
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2014-11-21, 23:49)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Is there a reason why you guys don't use Sonarr (formerly NZBDrone) or SickBeard for this?

They will both rename and move your TV Shows automatically to their proper locations...

And when you say duplicates, duplicates of what? I can only think of duplicates for Music files but that is easily remedied with dupeGuru

I don't get all my material via sickbeard. It certainly renames things nicely, but some stuff doesn't get onto my system via sb.
(2014-11-21, 23:53)nickr Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 23:49)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Is there a reason why you guys don't use Sonarr (formerly NZBDrone) or SickBeard for this?

I don't get all my material via sickbeard. It certainly renames things nicely, but some stuff doesn't get onto my system via sb.

I can understand that but it can also process all the stuff you rip, download via file lockers, ftp, torrents, copy off a buddy, etc... Just select manually process and point to the directory and it will do the rest...Sonarr/NZBDrone does the same... IF of course it's TV shows.

For stuff that is neither movies or tv shows, then you can use a renaming tool and just dump them in a folder for file mode...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I hadn't thought of using sickbeard's renaming for stuff it hadn't downloaded. I'll look into that.
(2014-11-21, 23:15)nickr Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 23:14)Piers Wrote: People use Handbrake?

* Piers cries

Que?

Handbrake is a horrible, horrible tool that produces mediocre video.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-11-23, 01:56)Piers Wrote: Handbrake is a horrible, horrible tool that produces mediocre video.

Versus what alternatives? I find HB perfectly adequate, but maybe I have sand in my eyes. I thought it used x264, just like... well, pretty much everything else...

Happy to be enlightened.
(2014-11-23, 01:56)Piers Wrote: Handbrake is a horrible, horrible tool that produces mediocre video.

Really? I've used it a lot and it seems to do just fine, and it seems fairly well regarded by other people. It's basically just a GUI for a bunch of other open source libraries that are fairly standard for encoding. x264, libav, etc: https://trac.handbrake.fr/browser/trunk/CREDITS

I typically don't use any settings that push the limits of what can be done, since I favor sticking with compatible settings, so maybe I'm missing out? I've never really thought to look into a critical review of HandBrake.
I have found it adequate too. However I do know one private tracker which prides itself on quality and won't allow handbrake rips. When I asked
Quote:Because it doesn't produce the level of quality that we find acceptable here. It's a constantly out-of-date program because it doesn't allow you to update the x264 encoder or any other components of the program.

But then again they are a fussy bunch :-)
Some people apparently haven't looked into Handbrake's advanced settings. Handbrake will make excellent high quality rips, in scenarios where encoding is required. It does fail where the source is already using h264, when remuxing would be superior, but then, if you are using Handbrake for that, you are just doing it wrong.

For standard DVD's I use handbrake-cli. For remuxing I use ffmpeg. If you think you need more than that(beyond a GUI), then you are putting out far more work than you need to.
So you wouldn't re-encode a bluray that is already in h264? (I know some people keep full rips, but some of us want some space saving).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Media Organizer0