• 6(current)
[CLOSED] Hive (QVIVO) Video/Music add-on for KODI / XBMC
Ok, thanks for looking at it. I found out that when subtitle is embedded in the movie, it shows up just fine Smile.
dmdsoftware,
Thank you for the care and attention! Congratulations for your work!
friends,

Hive server went down Huh

But fell back quickly. Sorry ...
My movies on Hive that have .srt Subs automatically play with sub, don't know why you guys having problems with it.
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-11-27, 08:35)TerrorKeed Wrote: My movies on Hive that have .srt Subs automatically play with sub, don't know why you guys having problems with it.
Hmm. I tried multiple movies, in multiple formats, and it only loads subtitle when subtitle is embedded in the movie. When it's separately in the same folder as the movie, it never loads :-(
By the way I'm on xbmc 13.2, not kodi.
The legend carries only if you have built into separate movie does not charge!

I think if the addon work with kodi legends services, need not do anything with subtitles that are in the hive .....

Another thing, is not migrating the video information during execution.
So the library indexing of movies works very well. However I noticed that the TV Indexing doesn't work as well. Is there a trick to get KODI to index your TV shows into your collection? I have been unable to do so as of yet.
That's the basics.
   You need to have the correct structure in the hive, to properly import the .strm

tvshow x >> Season X >> episode s01e01.mkv
Strange restarted my mac mini, returned to work .

Only me, or the addon hive does not play videos that have not been transcoded?

@dmdsoftware,
I get error msg (playback failure) when trying to play the movie. Could check? I can not play in original or 720p format. Sad

In the browser I can usually ... Only addon can not.

Obs .: I'm not talking about files'm talking .strm direct addon.
(2014-11-28, 16:06)iorifly Wrote: Strange restarted my mac mini, returned to work .

Only me, or the addon hive does not play videos that have not been transcoded?

@dmdsoftware,
I get error msg (playback failure) when trying to play the movie. Could check? I can not play in original or 720p format. Sad

In the browser I can usually ... Only addon can not.

Obs .: I'm not talking about files'm talking .strm direct addon.

Yep, as you indicated, it works.

Just further clarification. If a video isn't processed yet for transcoding, it will still show up in the lists, and when you playback, only original quality will be available.

What I notice sometimes (on 3 separate days now), on the website, sometimes when you click watch on a transcoded video, just a black box appears, no video is played back. If you come back a few hours later, it would be working. After I created the plugin, when it happened on the website, I checked with the plugin. In the plugin I can see what is really going on, the transcoding service returns an empty response and there is an error that it can't find the video codec. It is a Hive server issue, and I'm sure they know the problem and are finding a permanent fix. In these situations, you can simply choose the original quality and it'll playback.

I made some code change last night but haven't pushed out a release. when the changes are tested, I'll push them out.

So far only minor changes as requested. Support for > 30 friends, a "latest feed" section like on the website, changes on the sorting, etc

I had 28 friends yesterday, so I wasn't able to test, but today I have 32, so I should be able to test today.
A new maintenance release

pushed to repo and updated here -> http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.1.7.zip

What's new?
- support for Feeds, latest videos in your and your friend's hive (same feeds on website)
- silent stream selection (in settings, select Always original quality for playback); ask and transcode do the same, for now, which is to prompt for stream selection
- you can provide a &playback=0 in your STRM to force playback of original quality regardless of the setting in your Settings (likewise, &playback=2 forces stream selection regardless what is in your Settings).
- fix: playback no longer hampered by titles with ?s
- support up to 300 friends; I have 32 and test was successful

(2014-11-26, 21:27)bmwanddq Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 17:19)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 21:14)iorifly Wrote: Ok, on to the main generate .strm.

About that spoke of firedrive plugin is quite good as well !!! It would be perfect in the same terms hive!

(2014-11-26, 03:43)bmwanddq Wrote: First of all the strm support is awesome. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am getting a script error when I try to make a strm though. I'm not sure if its something on my end though. I'll keep playing with it and let you know if I can figure it out.

**Update**
Turns out the issue was, one of my movies was incompatible. After I removed the movie from the folder, the plugin created the strm file no problem!

Can you PM the media file name? Perhaps it has a special character in it that causes issues. I'd like to see if something can be done for it.

(2014-11-26, 01:12)Aback Wrote: Wow, this add on is so amazing. I can even play files that are not buffers on hive's Web app. Thank you big time for this :-)
Edit:
Is it possible to select subtitle which is also uploaded in the same folder as the movie in hive?

I'll investigate the subtitles.

The movie title is: Dude, Where's My Car? (2000)

Fixed in 0.1.7.

(2014-11-26, 22:00)iorifly Wrote: dmdsoftware,

I will expect you changed some lines entering the playback parameter = 0. However I could not ...
  I do not have his ability. I'll wait.

In 0.1.7.
(2014-11-28, 19:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: A new maintenance release

pushed to repo and updated here -> http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.1.7.zip

What's new?
- support for Feeds, latest videos in your and your friend's hive (same feeds on website)
- silent stream selection (in settings, select Always original quality for playback); ask and transcode do the same, for now, which is to prompt for stream selection
- you can provide a &playback=0 in your STRM to force playback of original quality regardless of the setting in your Settings (likewise, &playback=2 forces stream selection regardless what is in your Settings).
- fix: playback no longer hampered by titles with ?s
- support up to 300 friends; I have 32 and test was successful

(2014-11-26, 21:27)bmwanddq Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 17:19)dmdsoftware Wrote: Can you PM the media file name? Perhaps it has a special character in it that causes issues. I'd like to see if something can be done for it.

I'll investigate the subtitles.

The movie title is: Dude, Where's My Car? (2000)

Fixed in 0.1.7.

(2014-11-26, 22:00)iorifly Wrote: dmdsoftware,

I will expect you changed some lines entering the playback parameter = 0. However I could not ...
  I do not have his ability. I'll wait.

In 0.1.7.

Thank you for fixing the video issues. I just tried the plug in and it worked flawlessly.

I am still having an issue with TV shows. I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I can't get the TV Shows to even appear in my library. I can view them and play them directly through the plug in. And I know i included the folder in the STRM file I generated, and added it to the TV Episode processing but still they won't populate. Any advice?

**Update***

I figured it out. I refreshed the media info an was able to get it to populate.
(2014-11-28, 19:41)bmwanddq Wrote: Thank you for fixing the video issues. I just tried the plug in and it worked flawlessly.

I am still having an issue with TV shows. I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I can't get the TV Shows to even appear in my library. I can view them and play them directly through the plug in. And I know i included the folder in the STRM file I generated, and added it to the TV Episode processing but still they won't populate. Any advice?

If you figured out a way to import a naked-STRM (a STRM file without an accompanying NFO), please let me know! Smile A year ago when I did this to export and import my TV show collection from the Google Drive plugin, I had to manually scrape the STRM files in a 3rd party media manager to generate the NFO files. With NFO files, XBMC gobbled up everything very nicely. I don't want to have to go through this process as it was a pain. Even the act of me going in and renaming files, creating folder structures, etc, just so the media manager could identify the shows, seasons, etc was a pain. I vowed "never again".

I'm actively working on a solution for us. Its a big addition, so its taking time.

Media scraping can be classified by file type:
Music
TV Show
Movie

Music will be the easiest as Hive provides enough details behind the scenes, that I can (and will) start tapping into it to allow users easy-cataloging within the plugin and when exporting.

TV Shows are the hardest and because they don't benefit from XBMC's ability to import them without a NFO, will require me to store "additional information" in a manner that allows the user to catalog the data within the plugin. The export would be trivial then. During exporting STRM files, I would also include that "additional information" alongside the STRM (and if XBMC does as it should, it would import as-is without you needing to do anything additional after the export).

Movies are my last priority, since the import process into XBMC is there already. It'll tap into similar cataloging mechanisms deployed for TV shows to allow for "in plugin" media recognition.
dmdsoftware,

see your e-mail Wink
Could see what you can do to while running the film or series he shows the information as the cover ..........
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Hive (QVIVO) Video/Music add-on for KODI / XBMC8