where are my movies?
I just reinstalled xbmc gotham 13.2, and something extrange is happening: I use to create smartlists to have classified my movies: horror movies, kids movies, drama movies, concerts, etc., and this smartlists are linked to my own category in the main menu. This time, when I open the correspondend category that I create in the main menu (where "settings, "TV shows", "movies""music",etc are) that is linked to the correspondent smartlist, is empty. If I go to files and then inside the smartlist created, there is nothing in there, but the path is correct and was working a couple of hours ago ... any ideas?. Thanks
Not really sure, smart playlists use the library listings. If your library is still relevant hitting the movie button should produce a list of your collection, if this doesn't, then you've somehow lost the library. (check sources etc), My assumption is that you have your playlists linked to the front page through 'favourites', check and see if they still work.
thanks for your responses and interest. I think I found the problem (but not the solution): when I go to "movies" and then "files" to configure where my movies are, I can't see any of my drive letters/directories, looks like the program is not recognizing any external HDDs.
If I go to "movies"- "files" , all that I can see is "files"-"playlists" and "add-ons" , but nothing more, even having turn in on all the options in the "appearance" - "file lists" ..... this never happens before.
I erase and reinstalled the program several times and the problem is there. In the past, before creating "smart playlists" , when I run the program for the first time all my movies and music show up in less than 20 secods, now all is empty. I verify if the HDDs are ok and they are, under windows I can navegate open directores, files, etc. ...... any ideas?
You have to navigate to videos --> add video source.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I have done that, and when I return to the main menu ... no movies, then I go back to see whats inside the video file that I just created and is empty,

everything was perfect a couple of days ago ..... this problem is driving me crazy
make sure the "content" is still set on your sources.
Windows plays musical chairs with drive letters....(auto assigning drive letters can change depending on boot. ) When using external drives or all drives for that matter, they should be locked down manually with a drive letter way down the alphabet, it's also helpful to title drives with names that reflect drive letter.. e.t. drive G: Golf; drive X: X-Ray; drive H: Hotel then if in doubt check that the name matches up with the drive letter.

The library relies on hard coded path arguments.

A settings/video/clean-up will delete any or all listings in the library not found (if the path is not correct to a source drive, all library contents eliminated).
thanks for the input. will try that this weekend and will report
Ok, Here is where Im today: after reinstalled the program 3 times I moved ahead. I add the 3 sources that I have: movies - concerts - audio CD. Then I create smart playlists for the first two as I used to do it in the past. The program scans all my movies and concerts and I can see the correct names. Now when I go to movies or concerts in the main menu, were I configured this categories to work wih my smart playlists, found that in this two categories (movies and concerts) the program is showing me the covers of a category that I don't have aymore and I erased it from my external HDD: trailers .... and is shwoing only 18 of them when I have about 150 files .... this is weird because if I close the program and open it again, I can see the system scaning the correct files with their correct names but again, what xbmc is showing me is not related with that. Playing one of the files what Im seeing is one of my movies not a trailer, so seems like the program saves those covers somewhere and is not unsing the correct ones and is only shiwing me about 15 percent of the total of movies that I have.
As an adicional information I can tell you that I have Jriver installed and that program works perfect with my HDDs and directories.
I think Im close but still not there.
Again, please send me your ideas about this situation. thanks in advance
Un-installing is usually the error most frequently observed, to properly un-install is to delete the program folders in

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

Replace your user name with mine, XBMC is now called Kodi, change that if needed. After you have done this your system will be as it was before you installed the program. Please read the http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user and follow the instructions faithfully.

Installing anything 3 times is redundant.... what is the problem here? Nothing gets changed by the number of installs. Sounds like you have a custom alteration which is not compatible with some skin. I have no idea what ' Jriver' is. I suggest you consider running a plain/jane install until you have a fully functioning library system. It's unsure at this point if you have a nomenclature issue with your files, or something as simple as hide viewed item, there is just too many permutations of your problems to even suggest. To further this conversation a proper debug log posted to a pastebin and linked back to this thread will be required. Please have a look at this.. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708
finally the solution was reinstalling a computer image that I have before I start to play with this programs I installed and unistalled several trying to find the one that I like most), now everytning is working like a charm. Something in my configuration was wrong but who knows what it was .....
Jriver is another media center like this
thanks for your inputs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where are my movies?0