How do I get the missing films that do not appear in the library of movies XBMC
Hi all, I open the thread since I'm starting to organize my XBMC movies but I have a little problem ... I commented at the beginning.
I have spread in several movies (external and internal) hard disks:

1 Internal 3TB connected all time to the computer
1 External 2TB not always connected to the PC
1 External 500G not always connected.

Then I wanted to do is that XBMC library, I appear only movies that are "connected" ie movies hard drives that I have connected to the PC. If I have the first procedure, which only the disk that show, and if I have all that is all show.
This is posible¿? Thanks in advance and best regards.
It's possible.... of course with Kodi-XBMC anything and everything is possible, no surprises here.

What you ask is a bit tricky in that it is not a straight set-up, and is fraught with danger (I'll explain).

I guess you know by now that Windows plays musical chairs with drive letters (mostly external drives) and the letter might be different if you have a USB drive installed on boot or not.You need to manually specify a drive letter down the alphabet a bit so that when you plug in the 2TB it's always going to be G: drive and the 500 H: drive. The software library depends on hard paths and needs to always be the same, regardless of the boot order and auto-assigns.

Once you have scraped in all the movies, and your library is more or less complete. You can make a smart playlist that includes the rule 'path' 'contains' G:/movies or some such.... clicking this palylist should bring up only movies on G: drive.... etc. Save that playlist as a favourite, then using one of the many custom skins that allow for custom home buttons linked to that favourte and viola... only items on G: show up. Repeat for as many drives as you like.

Slight word of caution: using the clean-up tool, will wipe out the library contents of any video which is not available in the working path. e.g. clean-up only when all drives are attached and properly pathed and sourced.

Playing a movies that is not currently available, will result in a requester to delete or ignore...ignore or cancel this of course.
Thank you so much for the reply, I have done something very similar to what you have told me ...
I created different "libraries" and have added each bookmark, and then I set a "paragraph" in the main menu with AEON Nox Skin for movies.

So if I choose the "Movies" option I go and see a school library with all the movies, and in sub-groups, I have linked the different hard drives, so you can access each of them at a time and just watch movies each hard disk.

The question I have now is:
If I move a movie from a hard drive to another, XBMC will detect and delete a movie library and put in the appropriate library?
To be sure... there is only ONE library, you use smart playlists, tags, or nodes to filter what list shows up. If you select 'update library on start-up' in settings, then any new movies will auto scrape and now show-up if the sources are available naturally.

The software will only delete a library listing if you use the clean-up command, or manually select the file for deletion within (note if you have exported posters, graphics and extras... you will still have a folder of the movie name with those items within).

Another way of skinning this cat.. Meow ..is to use profiles, one for each hard drive or combination.
Thank you very much again, just checked it works perfectly when I move a movie from the hard disk to another, automatically changes from library and delete it from where it has disappeared: D

Thank you so much for the help.I will continue customizing the XBMC: D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get the missing films that do not appear in the library of movies XBMC0