Help Please?! Android install over OpenElec?
Hi All,

Firstly hello to all, great forum and well done to the whole community.

Apologies for jumping right in but i have a problem that i really hope somebody can help me with. I've searched on here and google but cant find any answers.

I have an intel 1037u box running openelec 4.2.1
The software has been causing me problems since day one (addons not working, buggy transitions, lists very slow to load, box crashes etc.)
It's my first experience of OpenElec and i was looking forward to trying it but it has been anything but the super-smooth, bug-free, lightening fast OS i had heard about.

I have done two factory resets and also have "working" backups (when config was as good as i could get it) but no difference, OS still nowhere near as responsive as Android.
I also have an MX2 box running android and basically it absolutely trounces the intel on performance.

The final straw came last night when i reset the box and it's now stuck in some sort of blackscreen bootloop (i can see and move the cursor but nothing else)

Very long story not so short and i now have had enough and would like to install Android on the Intel box, is this possible?
I've searched but cant find anything relevant.

I can FTP into the box so can drop files onto it (so could probably get working version OpenElec again and then install backup) but would much rather run Android and XBMC on that OS.
I can also access the BIOS if that helps.

If someone could tell me if;

(a) its possible to get latest version Android running &
(b) link to step-by-step process (i have limited knowledge of tech in general and xbmc so cold follow instructions but am no super-expert!)

Thanks so much to all for reading, apologies again if this is inappropriate or in wrong section.

Cheers!
Android is a lot less stable than OpenELEC, so I doubt it would help you. If you are having that many issues with OpenELEC then there's something really wrong, maybe with the hardware itself.
Thanks for your reply,

Maybe perhaps version of OpenElec was corrupted?

Anybody got download links to stable versions, perhaps with addons pre-installed?

Would i be better downloading to earlier versions?

Would really like to install the Android anyway and then i could compare the two, thus narrowing down a hardware problem.
Never had any stability issues with the tronsmart s89 box i also have. Its got a custom rom and runs like a dream compared to my openelec.

All help greatly appreciated

Thank You

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Please?! Android install over OpenElec?0