Help with networking and sharing PC files on Windows 10 Preview
I recently purchased an amazon fire tv stick. I am relatively new to all of this so i followed a guide showing me how to side load tvmc onto the stick. That all worked fine, though i haven't had time to explore it that much. The problem I am having is sharing my files on my pc. I'm running the windows 10 preview which i hope is what is causing my issues. I have shared a number of folders and can see them when i go to networks on my pc, but can't for the life of me get it to show up in tvmc. i have tried adding it with the windows smp and upnp options but it won't display any files at all. at least with upnp it will see that something is shared, but no files or folders are there, it just shows that my computer is shared. Any ideas? could it be windows 10, a network issue, or something i'm not doing right. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

update: still nothing shows up under smb but whne selecting upnp devices i am able to see the default drive which has the standard, videos, music, pictures etc. when i drop a file in there, it shows up. the problem is this isn't the drive i have my media on. i'm still yet to figure out how to get that drive to show up under upnp or any other way. thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with networking and sharing PC files on Windows 10 Preview0