PVR://?
What happened to PVR:// Special Protocol, is it broken in the latest beta 5?

PVR:// reveals the proper folders, but doesn't allow you to open them... JsonRPC also doesn't work for listing PVR:// folders.

I'm using a nextpvr backend, btw...

Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Could you please describe your issue with more details
Create a video source PVR://, folders are created, but do not populate with (files) channel data from backend.

Same with json GetDirectory, and PVR://

Also direct PVR links are broken, pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr

I'm running NextPVR backend, so I don't know if the issue is limited to Kodi beta 5 and that backend.

Beyond this information I can't help you, I've never examined XBMC source code, So I can not help pinpoint the issue, but it does seem the PVR:// protocol is the issue.
it works fine for me if I add a new video source pointing to the path pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/
(2014-11-27, 18:56)xhaggi Wrote: it works fine for me if I add a new video source pointing to the path pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/

Yes, it does for me as well, now try just pvr://

and also try and call a pvr link though the player directly, not through menu, using xbmc.player()
did some tests and yeah you are right ... this should be fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5831 Wink
pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr .... zero is not a valid channel id/number IIRC.
(2014-11-27, 19:32)xhaggi Wrote: pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr .... zero is not a valid channel id/number IIRC.

sure it is Smile

Been using it for almost a year now Smile

Channel 1 = 0.pvr
Channel 2 = 1.pvr

guessing it's an array count

(2014-11-27, 19:31)xhaggi Wrote: did some tests and yeah you are right ... this should be fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5831 Wink

great, thought I was going crazy Smile
you are right but pvr://channels/tv/All channels/0.pvr works fine for me.
does it make sense if we create a test-build so you can test if everything works also the jsonRPC stuff?
if so please let me know which OS you use.
(2014-11-27, 21:07)xhaggi Wrote: does it make sense if we create a test-build so you can test if everything works also the jsonRPC stuff?

Not sure, Need to test the pvr:// through xbmc.player some more since you said it's working...
(2014-11-27, 21:30)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 21:07)xhaggi Wrote: does it make sense if we create a test-build so you can test if everything works also the jsonRPC stuff?

Not sure, Need to test the pvr:// through xbmc.player some more since you said it's working...
I'm running Windows 8.1 x64
okay, i've created a test-build for you. let me know if everything works like expected.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...uplist.exe
(2014-11-28, 11:03)xhaggi Wrote: okay, i've created a test-build for you. let me know if everything works like expected.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...uplist.exe

Yes, this build appears to have fixed my issues with the PVR:// Protocol, Thank You!

Will it be merged with the nightly?

Thanks again...

::Update::

Okay everything seems okay, but I still can't get any PVR:// links to play when passed through python's xbmc.player()

This is code that works in gotham Smile So this must be another bug in helix?
Thank you for your response. The fix is merged into mainline and should become available in the next nightly.

If i found time i'll check why the built-in Player(...) command fails with pvr://channels/tv/All channels/0.pvr.

does it also fail if you use 1.pvr or 2.pvr etc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR://?0