ServerWMC help
I'm new to using ServerWMC/XBMC. Recently installed build 1174 which was successful except for when Use Credentials on smb:// paths is selected. Live TV would play in XBMC 13.2 when I unselected this but failed to play otherwise. A day later, Live TV isn't working I'm but not sure why.

ubuntupastebinConfusederverwmc log
If your remote client is windows (as yours is) you shouldn't need credentials so long as your recorded tv folder is shared with the account xbmc is running under But turning credentials on should have no effect on it either, so I can't explain why you said it broke things when they were used.

The log does seem to say the problem is your remote pc running xbmc cannot access the recorded tv folder on your server machine. See this error in the log:
2014/11/28 12:48:03.308 StreamStartError> client 'Kenneth-PC' reports error opening stream, will close stream down
2014/11/28 12:48:03.308 StreamStartError> client 'Kenneth-PC' path to stream file: 'smb://192.168.1.222/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Kenneth-PC_Digital Cable_2_2014_11_28_12_47_58.ts'
2014/11/28 12:48:03.308 StreamStartError> client 'Kenneth-PC' calling CloseStream

After checking that the folder is accessible from your remote client, you might want to check the xbmc log after a fail and see if that has a clue as to what why the folder can't be accessed.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks for the suggestion. I have shared the recorded tv folder as described in the Complete Guide (great instructions) and was able to read/write to that recorded tv folder from the remote pc initially. I believe the errors that you posted were from when I was trying to run with the credentials turned on. I did see some errors farther down in the serverwmc log that indicated tuners were busy which is around the time that Live TV stopped working entirely:

2014/11/28 13:36:56.830 GetTunerStatus> tuner is busy with owner: 192.168.1.222
2014/11/28 13:36:56.927 Received client request: Kenneth-PC|192.168.1.10|StreamStartError|smb://192.168.1.222/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Kenneth-PC_Cable_4_2014_11_28_13_36_52.ts
2014/11/28 13:36:56.928 StreamStartError> client 'Kenneth-PC' reports error opening stream, will close stream down

ubuntu pastebin xbmc log

BTW, I installed build 1167 and it is working again with credentials turned off. Would like to update and turn on credentials mostly for personal edification but my knowledge just attempts to scratch the surface.
Trying to set up a new Chromebox client with OpenElec (4.97.5.0) running Kodi RC3 and using Win 7 serverWMC (build 1167) on the backend. A similar set up on my Win 7 client is working fine with 13.2.

Installed OE using the MattDevo script (awesome!) and enabled pvr.wmc-linux-x86-64-0.3.108 in Kodi. I can configure the pvr client with the server IP but I can't get it to connect/start. For whatever reason, the launch button is greyed out and even after rebooting the CB the client won't connect to the server. Also, the PVR Service under System Info is greyed out.

It's probably operator error and I'm at a loss so I was wondering if anyone has a clue on this or would have any tips for getting PVR service started on CB.

Thanks to Krustyreturns and Scarecrow420 for all of the incredible work on this spectacular add on.
Ok, it's working now but I can't explain why...weird. I got busy with less exciting tasks and came back to it and there was an OE update that showed up in the bottom right corner. While it was downloading, I disabled WMC.PVR and re-enabled it. Then, after the update finished installing, the PVR service started and loaded channel and EPG. I'm hoping everything is gtg.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC help0