No resume for recently added items
Something was lost in the move to RC's, and that its the ability to resume or start from the beginning of a movie or a tv show that is in the recently added screen on the home screen in confluence. It was there in the betas, at least if i go back to one from the 26th of November it is. but as soon as i reinstall a RC, the feature is gone and it always plays items from the beginning.
Not sure why this is gone, but i can reproduce it overtime just by reinstalling a different version so i can only assume it is nothing in my settings? I am thinking it must be hardcoded in the program itself?
If any one can shed some light on this i would appreciate it.
Just for the record I have gone to settings, video, file lists and changing the default select action has no effect on my recently added items on the home screen in confluence.
Thanks
Interesting. I recall this being a limitation or all past versions, that playing from the home screen does not prompt for resume, so I wonder what was different on the 26th nightly that allowed it to work.
looks as though i am not the only one with the problem either http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210479
From what I see, nothing has changed on Confluence for the recently added stuff. When you click on one of the items it sends the function "PlayMedia(path to media file)". That function should look to see if a resume point is stored in the video database for the selected movie, and if it is, it pops up the context menu that has resume/start from beginning options.

My testing shows it works whenever there is a resume point in the database. I think the real problem is if the resume point is being properly saved when it should be (defaults to save resume point if current playback position is >180 secs and <92% total runtime -- can be changed in advancedsettings).

scott s.
Maybe someone can tell me why this happens...

1. Lets say for example go to file view, play a movie for 13:35.
2. Then start that same movie from the Recently Added home screen menu and it will prompt you to start at 13:35. All good right?
3. Now watch that movie for another 5 minutes or so and stop it.
4. Start that same movie from the recently added menu again and what do you see?

One would think you should be prompted to start at 18:35, given that you watched 5 more minutes right?
Not so, it prompts me to resume at 13:35, my initial resume point that was saved while watching from file view.
One can only assume then that resume points are not being saved or updated from the recently added view.
For the record, I have tried on both my MacBook Pro OS 10.10.2 and Windows 7 SP1 and can confirm the problem occurs only after i install the nightly from the 29th. So everything up to and including the 28th all work fine. After I install the 29th Nightly the problem of not writing the stop/save point to the db of the movie/tv show from the recent items on the home screen occurs.
I have the same behaviour with nigthlie 01/09/2015, with movies that exists in database before kodi upgrade, resume points works, but it doesn't works with new add items. (movies or tv shows)
Please try the v14.1 test build: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213108

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume for recently added items1